What's new

Any Powerbanks for use with SP3?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was almost drooling until I looked at that price. I guess I will experiment and make my own one day.
The other vendors will come along eventually they have SP1/2 and Surface rt/2 supported. Mr First to market is getting away with highway robbery for now since it was the only thing available in the beginning.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finding a powerbank is the easy part, the cable (one of a known quality) is the harder part. I have the ianker astro pro 2 that i originally bought for my tablets, and it is pretty bitching.

Russ

The stuff mikegyver was selling was utter daylight robbery, but he could justify it at the time because there was nothing else available on the market.

Maybe Mike gets some credit for providing product for what was then an undefined and uncertain market. Several of us here went through the learning curve on accessory power for the SP1 (the old posts are probably still back there somewhere), and Mike also provided technical help for our efforts, even though it wasn't his product.
Regards,
Russ

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe Mike gets some credit for providing product for what was then an undefined and uncertain market. Several of us here went through the learning curve on accessory power for the SP1 (the old posts are probably still back there somewhere), and Mike also provided technical help for our efforts, even though it wasn't his product.
Regards,
Russ

Hence why i said it was justified at the time, he was offering what was not available elsewhere. Even then though, $100 for a power cable was still daylight robbery.