What's new

Any way to install Office 365 and keep Access 2003?

mitchellvii

Thought I would give Office 365 another look but it doesn't want to install with Access 2003 on my system. Seems first time I tried that months ago it was not an issue.

Anyone know how to deal with this? Want to keep Access 2003. IMHO Access after that year sucks.

TeknoBlast

You should be able to install Access 2003 all by itself. I liked Picture Manager from Office 2010, so when I purchased 2013, I was disappointed that Picture Manager is no longer available. So I installed PM from O2010 by itself. I'm sure you can do the same for Access, but do place it in its own directory.

DOS

I have run into problems trying to mix 64bit Office versions with 32bit Office versions... could this be your issue?

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I have run into problems trying to mix 64bit Office versions with 32bit Office versions... could this be your issue?

Nope. The error I am getting says that it cannot install due to the presence of a previous Beta. Since I have nothing like that I am just assuming it is typically obtuse MS-speak for a prior version of Office.

Russ

I liked Picture Manager from Office 2010, so when I purchased 2013, I was disappointed that Picture Manager is no longer available. So I installed PM from O2010 by itself.

Darth --

I did the same thing on my Ladyfriend's Pro, and it works fine. She, too, likes Picture Manager.

Regards,
Russ

donaldvc

Nope. The error I am getting says that it cannot install due to the presence of a previous Beta. Since I have nothing like that I am just assuming it is typically obtuse MS-speak for a prior version of Office.

In principle, the 365 installer should be compatible with earlier versions of Office. You might want to try something like this workaround:

Can not install other Office (RTM) product after installing Office Professional Plus 2013 RTM

It solved a similar problem I had when trying to install 2013.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Ok, figured it out although your exact solution did not work for me:

Just went to regedit / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Miscrosoft / Office and deleted the folder named "15.0". I was then able to install Office 365 without a hitch.

** have no idea how 15.0 got on here since I never installed the preview on this machine, but oh well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Lol, as a side note, it is remarkable how HORRIBLE documents look in Word 365. The anti-aliasing is just awful.

Last edited:

machistmo

Ok, figured it out although your exact solution did not work for me:

Just went to regedit / HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / Miscrosoft / Office and deleted the folder named "15.0". I was then able to install Office 365 without a hitch.

** have no idea how 15.0 got on here since I never installed the preview on this machine, but oh well. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Lol, as a side note, it is remarkable how HORRIBLE documents look in Word 365. The anti-aliasing is just awful.

I thought those devices shipped with the full version installed and requiring activation?