What's new

Any way to KEEP the taskbar hidden?

bPatrik

No, i don't want to hear the autohide option. That doesn't keep it hidden if i rest my palm on the device while writing/drawing. I would be okay with a workaround too, like if i put the taskbar to the top or to the left, but still it activates when i accidentally touch the bottom of the screen, not where the taskbar actually is. As iam right-handed it wouldnt bother me to activate it from the top or left as it is from the bottom.

Ive got the same problem with the action bar.

Best would be if i could permanently hide these with a (five finger) gesture and get them back with the same gesture.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi bPatrik,

I am not sure if any software exists that allows this, but is there any reason to need it to be hidden if it is located at the top or left hand side and as such not prone to accidental touches? I also got annoyed with it when writing so for 3 years had it at the top and I got used to it very quickly and it worked perfectly.

OP
B

bPatrik

Hello hughlle,

On my SP4 i can activate it from the bottom only. It doesnt matter if its on the top/left or elsewhere. Is it different for you? I also got a graphical bug if its on the left side. I got a gray semi-transparent bar on the top than which fills about 90% of the screen width and slides to 100% when the taskbar opens. Its weird, but it was always like that on my device.

Edit: In desktop mode it works well, but not in tablet mode

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
That sounds very odd. Mine behaves exactly as you'd expect it to, no graphical glitches or anything. Have you checked that your surface is fully up to date? If so, it might be worth trying a reset. I certainly wouldn't be putting up with a bug like that.

OP
B

bPatrik

Yes, its up to date and reset didn't do it. I might reinstall windows than some time later, if you say its not the common behavior. Thanks for your answers.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, its up to date and reset didn't do it. I might reinstall windows than some time later, if you say its not the common behavior. Thanks for your answers.

That's what I meant by reset. When they work, surfaces are brilliant, but it is a shame that often a small issue requires a whole re-install.

OP
B

bPatrik

That's what I meant by reset. When they work, surfaces are brilliant, but it is a shame that often a small issue requires a whole re-install.
Oh, i misunderstood :) Yep, i agree its a really nice device but there are some stupid little things which could need some love from dev side.