What's new

Anybody Else Feels the Touch Cover Needs a Cover?

ArnoldC

All of my notebooks have battered touch pads, and I think that I will cause the same to happen with my Touch Cover. This maybe a disposable type, but being in a country where no retail store of Microsoft exists, I may have to put on a cover until I can get the Fuschia one... :D

TrentonT

With the touch cover in place I see no need for a Case or Sleeve for my Surface. I do have a small couier I use when I am just taking the Surface other wise it is packed in my laptop case with the laptop

Sin

I'm looking to get a sleeve for the time that I'm take just the Surface out. Most days it just slides in the laptop bag with my work machine.

OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

Hi folks, I'm talking about putting on a protective cover onto the Touch Cover, not a cover for the Surface.

TeknoBlast

Well I purchased a sleeve for the entire Surface and I'm pretty happy with it. The sleeve accomodates both the cover and device. Plus, it has a pocket for my earbuds.

TrentonT

Hi folks, I'm talking about putting on a protective cover onto the Touch Cover, not a cover for the Surface.
With the durability that the touch covers feels and looks like it has I did not even consider protection for it. I also covered my purchase with the complete care package to cover self inflected issues MSS covers all with a year so would it be needed.

OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

Based on my experience I will wear the Touch Cover soon, and difficulty in warranty or purchase is a factor, so I experimented with an acetate solution-

18318_3841564688246_51873052_n_zpsa3d320ea.jpg

Functionality is not impaired and typing is the same, so I will find out a way to make this semi-permanent and not butt-ugly like shown in the photo.

:D

pallentx

I dont feel the need for a cover on my cover. Its spillproof and appears to be somewhat washable. I'm just hoping mine doesn't crack...

OP
ArnoldC

ArnoldC

reminds me of the plastic cover on my grandmother's couch.

Exactly! If the availability of touch covers locally was not an issue, I wouldn't be doing this. But after heavy use yesterday, I can see the touch pad area battered already. Surprisingly, I like the new feel it gives.

newman

I also faced a battered touch pad area after heavy use, but found a possible solution:
Wipe/brush over this area with some textil material.
I have use the arm of my Shirt(material:cotton) and wiped from left to right with very low down force.
After this Action, the touchcover area looks instantly like a new one.
I am very fine with that if this is repeatable for a decent time.
Let me know if this also works for you...