What's new

Anybody have issues with the 64 Gig SanDisk Micro SDXC Class 10 UHS-1 from Amazon?

Surface5280

I want to purchase this card for the amazing price that is being offered right not, but I've read many of the comments and it seems like some people are having issues with the card after a couple of weeks not being recognized by their devices and loosing all of their data?:(

I'd love to pull the trigger, but I figured I would get feedback from people on this forum, as it's specifically going to be used in my Surface as a mounted drive.

Here is the link: Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s with Adapter SDSDQUA-064G-U46A

TrentonT

Yes that is the one I got for my Surface ordered the same day I received my it. I love it stores my video, music, docs, downloads. Videos come across with no issues. Great price also. Good choice.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Wow, not sure what you are looking at but this is rated 4.5 stars out of 5. There are 815 5 stars and 115 4 stars with only 204 rates less than 4 stars. That is overwhelmingly positive, with less than 18% of the total reviews being 3 stars or less.

If you don't trust it, then don't put critical files on it for a couple of weeks. If it seems to be working fine at that point then do what you will with it. If not return it to Amazon, since they have great customer service and will replace a defective product.

JP

OP
S

Surface5280

I realize that there are a lot of positive reviews on the card, and also realize your not going to get 100% positive reviews on anything, but I still got concerned with some of the bad reviews, and just wanted feedback from people who have used this particular card on their Surface that's all.

Your point on not putting anything critical on the card for a few weeks does make sense, and a proper precaution. I've never returned anything to Amazon, so that's good to know they have a good return policy and customer service.

Thx

compnovo

That's the card I'm running and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I've had it for about two months (I ordered it right after I got my Surface). That's also a better price than I paid --- good find.

OP
S

Surface5280

That's the card I'm running and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I've had it for about two months (I ordered it right after I got my Surface). That's also a better price than I paid --- good find.

Thanks for the reply, I'm probably going to order the card today along with some other stuff. I'm glad prices have went down for the card also!

hodad66

Good news as I purchased it for my GF's RT but it hasn't been used yet as
it is a present..... ;-)

Series7man

I realize that there are a lot of positive reviews on the card, and also realize your not going to get 100% positive reviews on anything, but I still got concerned with some of the bad reviews, and just wanted feedback from people who have used this particular card on their Surface that's all.

Your point on not putting anything critical on the card for a few weeks does make sense, and a proper precaution. I've never returned anything to Amazon, so that's good to know they have a good return policy and customer service.

Thx

Funny thing with reviews.......somebody out there always gets a "lemon". Nothing is 100%...nothing. I have owned different items that have great reviews and some with not so great reviews. Some of the great reviews have not been so great for me and some of the not so great have been some of the best purchases I have ever made. In general.....if it has an overwhelming good review...you should be OK.

Kamin

This is the card i am thinking of getting as well. I am sure i read somewhere that for best results you change the format from FAT32 to NTFS. Is this true?