What's new

Anybody know if this will work with the Surface Book?

unicorn64

Hello, the Transcend JetDrive Lite 360 doesn't work because it's just about 1mm too short. I tried it (returning it today). However, the JetDrive Lite 130 DOES work, but it sticks out of the slot about 1/16th of an inch... it's livable for me, sure beats a standard SD Card sticking out almost half an inch. I have the JetDrive Lite 256GB and I'm using it for File History.

I did think about keeping the 360... if you cut the outer tabs off of it, it'll slide into the slot, pretty much flush with the machine, but then you have the challenge of getting it back out using tweezers or prying out with a knife. It will work fine, though, when it's inserted.

I decided I might want to remove mine easier than that. Here's what it looks like (the JetDrive 130)... see attached.

Can you provide CrystalDiskMark performance?

I didn't find a test for Surface Book, only for Mac, e.g.
Transcend JetDrive Lite 350 — расширяя сознание MacBook Pro 15" Retina
Note that Windows write speed is much lower,
but Surface Book SD card reader should provide UHS-II performance.

Last edited:

Astonish

I found something like this, in case it interests someone. I didn't test it, but there was a specific Q&A about Surface Book.

Amazon.com: BASEQI aluminum microSD Adapter for MacBook Air 13" and MacBook Pro 13"/15" (Non-Retina): Computers & Accessories

And here is the Q&A information:

It will protrude about 1.5mm out. I purchased because from the specs it showed it would not stick out but it does. I would upload a picture, but no option to upload.
By Hector Gomez on November 29, 2015
yes, it sticks out just a bit. just enough to put your thumbnail into for removal. looks pretty slick to be honest, matches the color of the surface book perfectly. it is a great solution. i too have some pics, but I cant figure out how to upload them on to my review.
By Locowd on December 26, 2015

ncameron

I did think about keeping the 360... if you cut the outer tabs off of it, it'll slide into the slot, pretty much flush with the machine, but then you have the challenge of getting it back out using tweezers or prying out with a knife. It will work fine, though, when it's inserted.

You're right! And that's exactly what I have done. You need thin sharp edge to get it out, but I care not. And totally flush...

ctballos

Folks, I'm using a pair of Transcend JetDrive Lite 130's in 256gb and they work great. It sticks out enough to easily get your fingernails on it to remove it.

unicorn64

Folks, I'm using a pair of Transcend JetDrive Lite 130's in 256gb and they work great. It sticks out enough to easily get your fingernails on it to remove it.

Read/Write speeds? (e.g., Google -> Softpedia CrystalDiskMark Portable)
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

unicorn64

I found something like this, in case it interests someone. I didn't test it, but there was a specific Q&A about Surface Book.

Amazon.com: BASEQI aluminum microSD Adapter for MacBook Air 13" and MacBook Pro 13"/15" (Non-Retina): Computers & Accessories

And here is the Q&A information:

It will protrude about 1.5mm out. I purchased because from the specs it showed it would not stick out but it does. I would upload a picture, but no option to upload.
By Hector Gomez on November 29, 2015

yes, it sticks out just a bit. just enough to put your thumbnail into for removal. looks pretty slick to be honest, matches the color of the surface book perfectly. it is a great solution. i too have some pics, but I cant figure out how to upload them on to my review.
By Locowd on December 26, 2015

According to BASEQI technical support Surface Book adapter will be ready to sell at the end of January.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Mine:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

deedeedee

http://smile.amazon.com/Transcend-J...1446342887&sr=8-1&keywords=Jet+Drive+Lite+360

It's the Transcend Jet Drive Lite 360. I am not expecting my i7/16/512 until Wednesday this week, so I can't test it yet... It'd be nice to use it as I'm going to sell my MacBook Pro and won't have a use for it anymore, plus just being able to leave it in full time would be great. If nobody knows, I'll go test it out myself either at a Microsoft Store or Best Buy tomorrow and I'll let everyone know how it goes...
http://smile.amazon.com/Transcend-J...1446342887&sr=8-1&keywords=Jet+Drive+Lite+360

It's the Transcend Jet Drive Lite 360. I am not expecting my i7/16/512 until Wednesday this week, so I can't test it yet... It'd be nice to use it as I'm going to sell my MacBook Pro and won't have a use for it anymore, plus just being able to leave it in full time would be great. If nobody knows, I'll go test it out myself either at a Microsoft Store or Best Buy tomorrow and I'll let everyone know how it goes...

the jet drive ive tried the 130 256gb works fine sticks out a little but works good