What's new

Anyone else ever get a BSOD with the reason: driver_unloaded_without_canceling

macmee

I got the BSOD about 10 minutes after detaching and re-attaching my clipboard on my SB2. I did so because for some reason it wasn't detecting the keyboard's battery. It does that randomly and usually re-attaching fixes it. It fixed it this time too... apart from the BSOD 10 minutes later.

There are no logs in event viewer for this, no minidump either, so I can't find which driver caused the crash (I'm assuming it's a driver since the flag was driver_unloaded_without_canceling). Even bluescreenview shows no BSODs. From event viewer's perspective my system just booted from an unclean state.

Anyway I just want to know if this is a software or hardware problem so any insights would be greatly appreciated.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I got the BSOD about 10 minutes after detaching and re-attaching my clipboard on my SB2. I did so because for some reason it wasn't detecting the keyboard's battery. It does that randomly and usually re-attaching fixes it. It fixed it this time too... apart from the BSOD 10 minutes later.

There are no logs in event viewer for this, no minidump either, so I can't find which driver caused the crash (I'm assuming it's a driver since the flag was driver_unloaded_without_canceling). Even bluescreenview shows no BSODs. From event viewer's perspective my system just booted from an unclean state.

Anyway I just want to know if this is a software or hardware problem so any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Which Build are you running? Stock NVIDIA drivers or updated WHQL drivers?