What's new

Anyone else get the old Pro charger with their Pro 2?

b52hbuff

In another thread, someone said the light turns green when charged but neither of mine do that. They are blue/white all the time.

I concur with your observation. The light in my SP2 charger is a white/blue dot at the top of the charging connector. It illuminates when it is properly connected into the wall and SP2. There is nothing I've noticed that changes to indicate charging state. It looks like a simple power indicator.

Ruudfood

Thought I'd use this old thread rather than start a new one.

My question is: the Surface 2 appears to have a 24W charger and the SP2 a 48W charger with a USB port to allow the charging of attached devices. Is that correct and would the 24W charger also work with the SP2? I want to buy a spare charger but don't want to pay extra for something I don't need. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Jasmine

Thought I'd use this old thread rather than start a new one.

My question is: the Surface 2 appears to have a 24W charger and the SP2 a 48W charger with a USB port to allow the charging of attached devices. Is that correct and would the 24W charger also work with the SP2? I want to buy a spare charger but don't want to pay extra for something I don't need. Any advice would be gratefully received.

I remember reading a Surface Pro 2 document on MS's website and they claim that it'll work. The only downside is that it'll take longer to charge your device.

Ruudfood

I remember reading a Surface Pro 2 document on MS's website and they claim that it'll work. The only downside is that it'll take longer to charge your device.

Thanks Jasmin. Do you know how long it takes to charge from empty using the supplied power supply?

EDIT: it's ok, I got the answer from the manual (2-4 hours).

Last edited:

Jasmine

Using which adapter? They say it takes 2-4 hours with the 48W.
The 24-watt power supply (included with Surface and Surface 2) can be used to charge Surface Pro, but the charging will take longer.

You can download the guide here (The Surface Pro/Surface Pro 2 one). Go to page 25.