What's new

Solved Anyone else has issue with Edge browser?

I wanted to give Edge a chance so I've been using it for a while. My SP4 is updated to the latest and every single time I use Edge, it stalls. When I try to open a page, it often just sits there and spins. I have to close the browser or tab and restart and sometimes that works.

Few days ago I got so frustrated I installed Chrome and instantly it was so much faster and more responsive.

So, anyone else experiencing these types of issue with Edge? BTW, I do have adblock extension installed.

Thanks!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@next_milenium ,

Edge should be performing much better for you.
Let's try some things, starting with moving your Internet temporary files location. It may be still mapping through an Internet Explorer folder, since you are rather new to Edge.

1 - Start Internet Explorer (not your Edge Browser)
2 - Choose Internet Options
3 - Click General, Browsing History, Settings
4 - Click Temporary Internet Files tab, and then Move
5 - Choose a new location for these files, such as C:\Users\[your account folder]
6 - Set the Disk Space option to 1024 MB
7 - OK

Let us know.

evandene

I do recognize some of the comments and for me the cure was:
Installing the pro version of CCleaner, clean out all junk and than clean out register.
Every time I use "a browser" now, CCleaner removes left behind junk, tracker stuff and kookies.
I'm a super happy and always fast user :)

OP
N

next_milenium

@next_milenium ,

Edge should be performing much better for you.
Let's try some things, starting with moving your Internet temporary files location. It may be still mapping through an Internet Explorer folder, since you are rather new to Edge.

1 - Start Internet Explorer (not your Edge Browser)
2 - Choose Internet Options
3 - Click General, Browsing History, Settings
4 - Click Temporary Internet Files tab, and then Move
5 - Choose a new location for these files, such as C:\Users\[your account folder]
6 - Set the Disk Space option to 1024 MB
7 - OK

Let us know.

I followed your instruction and then restarted my SP4. And to my delight, Edge is performing much better now. I ended up uninstalling Chrome.

Thank you!