What's new

Anyone else have no interest in upgrading their SP3 to Win 10?

strollin

I have been using the Win 10 Tech Previews since they first became available and I see nothing in Win 10 that makes me want to upgrade my SP3. Anybody else not planning to upgrade?

Grumpy2

I will not be upgrading to Win 10 for several months after release. I will wait and see how it goes. As it is a free upgrade for 12 months I will probably wait until late in the peace so that the bugs can hopefully get fixed. Although from past experiences with Microsoft going back to the mid 1990's (with desktops, laptops and mobile devices-Win CE since 1997) I do not have any confidence in the people at Microsoft. There appears to be an attitude and cultural problem there as well as a lot of incompetence.
So I intend to do nothing for several months.

I think Windows 10 is incredible. I'm finally using my SP3 again after it had been sitting in my school bag since the semester ended. I use a Zenbook Prime UX31A (non touch) for actual work and downloading android sdk packages etc. on to because of the bigger screen and bigger/better keyboard and touchpad and Windows 10 works amazingly on that one as well. I think Windows is finally a contender again. Can't wait for the final release.

dajogejr

I plan on upgrading after a few get bloodied going through the wall first...:)
I've deployed half dozen in our organization for business use, NO ONE likes the Metro interface.
We've used software on each to mimic Win7 experience.

I'm an avid Firefox fan, but I'm looking forward to Edge, specifically how it works on the tablets with highlight ability, etc.
I'm interested in Continum as well, I often take mine off the dock and go into meetings and demos.
I realize the start menu will be a hybrid of Windows systems of old and Metro, but it's got a desktop feel to it.

I realize, like anything, it will continued to get polished as time goes on...but the features listed have me interested for sure.

compnovo

I have an HP Stream 7 that will be my test bench for Win10, and once it looks like they've dealt with the major issues I'll upgrade the SP3.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
At present, while i love 10, 8.1 just kicks it's ass in terms of tablet usage....except... that on 8.1 tablet means MUI. Running any kind of normal application, or just browsing file explorer etc is just a nuisance. In that light, windows 10 is far better, and that alone would make me switch. Fed up of having to hit the stupid keyboard button.

Kris

No way in hell am I sticking with Windows, craptastic, 8.1. Windows 10 may not be perfect and they have done a lot of things I disagree with but it is a huge step forward from 8.1. As said earlier if you don't us MUI apps in 8.1 its a joke and I hate MUI apps. I want my SP3 to feel like a computer but also be a tablet and Windows 10 has done a great job with this. Already using Windows 10 as my daily driver on my SP3 and my desktop, even have it installed kid's laptop and they love it over 8.1. To me 8.1 is a mistake of the past and that's where it should stay.

OP
strollin

strollin

I personally don't find anything particularly compelling about Win 10. I don't plan to take advantage of the free upgrade even though I have multiple machines that are eligible.

My SP3 works perfectly fine with Win 8 so I don't plan to switch the OS (I say switch since I don't consider Win 10 to be an upgrade, more like a jog to the side) just because it's free.

malberttoo

I personally don't find anything particularly compelling about Win 10. I don't plan to take advantage of the free upgrade even though I have multiple machines that are eligible.

My SP3 works perfectly fine with Win 8 so I don't plan to switch the OS (I say switch since I don't consider Win 10 to be an upgrade, more like a jog to the side) just because it's free.

I find the Win 10 GUI and OS as a whole to much more friendly to the SP3. I feel like they've actually made an OS that works well in different environments (desktop vs tablet) as opposed to the jarring, separate universes of Win 8's Desktop and Start.