What's new

Anyone else noticing some odd SP behavior of late?

N.G.

Well, I have had all kinds of website lock up since the last update. It is not SAYING limited connectivity, but it works the same. Started IMMEDIATELY after the most recent updates were applied. Same problem occurred at both my kids house, where my SP never had the LC problem, and my house where it sometimes did.

Deryl McCarty

Unplugging all - including the SDXC card - allowed all to update for me, except the firmware which "failed". However, after everything else was successfully installed and restarted, I used Device Mgr to find that the Surface Pro System Aggregator was marked with the yellow icon of death. I uninstalled the dead "aggregator", restarted, then went to Windows Update. Windows Update then "discovered" that I had no aggregator, then downloaded and installed it. Voila! Worked like a charm. But all was done with no outside devices plugged in. Perhaps the problem is that aggregator is misnamed....should be "aggravator" ?

N.G.

Mine is still losing connectivity and not reconnecting since the 14 May update. Find I can disconnect and reconnect successfully. Looks like it is going to be a month till MS puts out a fix to a problem they caused, assuming they do fix it. Pretty disappointing. Every device in the house gets and holds a wifi signal at the location the SP keeps losing it. That is 2 Samsung Galaxy phones, an original Galaxy Tab, a Galaxy Tab 7.7, an IPad, a cheap Asus netbook, an old Sony laptop, an original Kindle Fire (with the problem antenna), and a Fire HD 8.9 with the great dual antenna design. Going to get a new ASUS router with replaceable antennas to improve range, but the second SP for the wife is not happening.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

This is odd. Last few days my sound just randomly mutes for no reason and I have to click the volume toggle to turn it back on. Strange. Lol, I'm probably just accidentally hitting the Mute Button on the keyboard.

Ruffles

I've had the "sticky keys" turn on twice now. the first time freaked me out because the windows key started beeping and only worked sporadically. I was about to restore from an image when I finally figured it out. They came on again last night but now that I know what it is, it's easy to fix. I just don't know what is triggering it. Perhaps the keyboard isn't fully disengaging when I fold it behind in tablet mode and it thinks I'm holding a key down while I hold the tablet.

malberttoo

This is odd. Last few days my sound just randomly mutes for no reason and I have to click the volume toggle to turn it back on. Strange. Lol, I'm probably just accidentally hitting the Mute Button on the keyboard.

Exact same thing happens to me. Haven't found a reason for it yet.

As well, the Touch/Type cover randomly becomes completely unresponsive, and I have to resolve it by lifting the Pro up a bit, undocking and redocking the keyboard. Not a big issue to me at all, just the tiny little gremlins in the machine I suppose...

mervincm

The last few days my SP has been behaving strangely in some ways.
3) My mouse cursor will disappear. I can see that it is still active on the screen but I can't see the cursor arrow. Only a reboot will fix this.

Have you tried this? C-A-D to go to the lock screen, then just hit esc to go back to where you were?

I have this problem all the time, and that's what I do, works everytime.