What's new

Anyone got the Surface Music Kit? Doesn't work for me...

CrippsCorner

So I got my prize delivered the other day! Bonus :) offered my Surface 2 to my mum... but she doesn't want it lol, has convinced herself she wants a 'mini' tablet (Surface Mini, hurry up!)

Anyway, went to use my Music Kit with my Surface Pro (it says on the box it is compatible) and it lit up beautifully. However, you need the dedicated app to run it, here's where it all falls apart.

If I search the Store, it says 'Surface Music Kit' app doesn't exist. If I search through Google it takes me to this page...

Surface Music Kit app for Windows in the Windows Store

But when I click on 'Show me on the Windows Store' it simply takes me to the front page of the Store, and I cannot do anything else. I've contacted Microsoft who told me to make sure I was using Windows 8.1 (I am) have all the latest updates (I have) and have tried running wsreset.exe (I have) now they've ceased to contact me any further, guess they've given up!

Rather frustrating. Any suggestions? Perhaps if any of you have a spare moment you could search the store and click on the link above and see if you get the same results.

Buelligan

I just clicked it and there it is, ready for install! It did flash to the store home screen at first but after about a second it loaded the App install page. Pro I 128. Region specific to the states maybe? Just a thought.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

Damn, you know what? You could be right there... if Microsoft ever get back to me I'll have to check that one. Man that would be a blow, especially after paying to ship it over here!
omg.png

I don't suppose there is a way to 'send' the install file? I know it's not as simple as sending an .exe file over like for a desktop application. Or, anyone know how to bypass region locks!?

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

I just clicked it and there it is, ready for install! It did flash to the store home screen at first but after about a second it loaded the App install page. Pro I 128. Region specific to the states maybe? Just a thought.

Well dude thanks a lot, you were absolutely right! Region locked... changed my region to the US and the app appeared and installed without an issue. How strange. I was speaking to Microsoft Support about this issue for 3/4 days and they never suggested this, maybe they should employ you :)

PS: I also like the way once I told them how I fixed it, they never replied to me again lol... ashamed?