What's new

Solved Anyone Having Issues Getting the TH2 Update?

The big Windows November update is not coming through on my SB. Thought after 10 days if being out, windows update would find it by now.

I have tried multiple windows resets, including the SB image file and a regular windows install using the media creation tool.

Prior to reinstalling using a USB, I was getting a Windows Update Troubleshooter message of "the service registration is corrupt or missing" and was unable to fix. Now it finds that error and fixes every time I run it, but still no update.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just to be more clear, windows update doesn't find it at all. I haven't even gotten to a point of trying to install it.

leeshor

If you just made an install using the media creation tool you should have it. At a command prompt type ver (enter) and see what you have.

OP
S

Sher the Love

OP
S

Sher the Love

For anyone who's trying to update, here's a link to the older MCT with 1511 update. I did a clean install, ran the SB firmware and windows update and haven't ran into any issues yet. It doesn't show the option for Windows 10 Pro, but mine is still the pro version after update.

I'm still getting the "service registration is missing or corrupt" when running the windows update troubleshooter, but that hasn't cause any issues yet. Not really even sure what it means, but I thought it had something to do with not being able to update to 1511.

OP
S

Sher the Love

So back when I was doing a restore from the USB, I had the option to "reset" windows or do a "recovery" from a USB under the advanced startup>troubleshoot option. Both worked using the SB system image.

Anyone know what the difference is? The recover option worked much faster and both seem to end up with the same result.