What's new

Anyone having trouble posting on this forum from the surface?

vgjfelix

I just tried to reply to post with the surface and the keyboard came up for a second and then went again. However if I went to another first and then to the reply text box the keyboard stayed on. Very odd and utterly ironic of course.

Vgjfelix

ctitanic

I'm having the same issue and it forces me to open this forum in IE10 Desktop.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Sin

Change the default message editor interface on the forum to the Enhanced Interface under Settings - General Settings. This will get the on-screen keyboard to behave.

OP
V

vgjfelix

Change the default message editor interface on the forum to the Enhanced Interface under Settings - General Settings. This will get the on-screen keyboard to behave.
I tried that but it didn't work. note is works fine when I used my touch cover. However another problem I've noticed is that carriage returns don't seem to work on the rt browser.

Sin

Interesting. Not sure what other setting can be effecting this. Choosing the Enhanced interface cured the issue for me. I typically browse the forum on my Surface while sitting in the couch without my touch cover. I'll have to look a little more and see if I can sort out what else might be causing it.

J515OP

Super Moderator
I tried that but it didn't work. note is works fine when I used my touch cover. However another problem I've noticed is that carriage returns don't seem to work on the rt browser.

This isn't just the RT version of the IE, but the Modern UI version of IE. I have Windows 8 on a PC and have the same problem running from Start IE and Desktop IE is fine. Honestly I really don't like the Modern UI IE, it seems to be a very confused app.