What's new

Anyone play Fortnite on your SB/SB2?

bangsters

Hey guys. My daughter got hooked on Fortnite on PS4, and wants me to play with her. But I only have one PS4, so I thought of installing it on the 15" SB2. It's been ages since I last played on a PC lol.... and was wondering if any of you guys here play Fortnite on the SB or SB2? How is it? Any recommendation? I believe the SB2 can use an Xbox controller, would that be better than trackpad and keyboard? Sorry been out of touch with PC gaming in years.

Thanks.

OP
B

bangsters

So I ended up getting an xbox one controller. It works like a charm. Only drawback I noticed is sometimes I need to re-pair it if I turn it off then back on.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are NOT alone with it being "ages, since playing on the PC" - Once I got my SB2, I HAD to see just how good the NVIDIA 1060 was, so I did a little research and found that Forza 7 plays nicely with the SB2. Since I have installed Forza 7, my wife has been semi-widowed and my "to-do" list has suffered.

With regards to the Xbox controller - I haven't had the paring issues you have had - Perhaps removing it from your Bluetooth list and re-adding it might help? Also - How did Fortnite work on your SB2? Did it install / run without issues? Just curious - If you have time, let us know.

Mike

OP
B

bangsters

Hey Mike. So far the xbox one controller is a charm to use. Fortnite works great as well. No lags, smooth as silk, just like when I play on PS4. It is baffling though why I need to repair it sometimes, as it won't just reconnect when I turn it back on.

Fortnite runs and plays without issues, I bought some usb-c to hdmi and will hook this up my 4k screen for bigger display. But yea it is worth installing and playing on SB2.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Mike. So far the xbox one controller is a charm to use. Fortnite works great as well. No lags, smooth as silk, just like when I play on PS4. It is baffling though why I need to repair it sometimes, as it won't just reconnect when I turn it back on.

Fortnite runs and plays without issues, I bought some usb-c to hdmi and will hook this up my 4k screen for bigger display. But yea it is worth installing and playing on SB2.

That's great news! Glad to hear it! Enjoy.

macmee

I tried playing fortnite on my SB2 with the 1060.... every other game crashes with the error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

I'm guessing it means the surface book is (for no good reason) disabling the 1060 mid-game which causes the game to crash.

PCAnyWhere

I play it on my SB2 13.5" and the GTX 1050 does well enough to play. I'm using mouse and keyboard but I have heard you will be able to use the Nintendo Switch Pro controller. what level of FPS are you getting with the GTX 1060?

OP
B

bangsters

I tried maxing out the settings and game runs smooth. Not sure how to check fps during game though.
I play it on my SB2 13.5" and the GTX 1050 does well enough to play. I'm using mouse and keyboard but I have heard you will be able to use the Nintendo Switch Pro controller. what level of FPS are you getting with the GTX 1060?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
B

bangsters

I don't really play pc games anymore, and this is the 2nd game i tried, starcraft2 being the other one. So far has performed quite well. I would recommend the xbox controller, pairs pretty good.

I tried playing fortnite on my SB2 with the 1060.... every other game crashes with the error: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED

I'm guessing it means the surface book is (for no good reason) disabling the 1060 mid-game which causes the game to crash.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk