What's new

Anyone purchase the HDMI Wireless

Orlbuckeye

cable sold at Best Buy? The device plugs into the TV HDMI port and a USB port. The salesman encouraged me to purcahse the good thing is it is 29.00 (30.00 off). I'm going to buy 1 and test and if works great I will but for Xmas presents. They are 39.29 at Amazon, 59.99 at MS, 55 at Walmart.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
If this is miracast then cheap is not always cheerful. Be warned. Even the best devices out there can be problematic at times.

It's also worth double checki g your tv if it is "modern". I bought an old Sony job that is pre smart-tv, yet after buying the Microsoft wireless adaptor, discovered that my tv had built in miracast. Silly me.

cmatvchuk

I have purchased 5 of them. 1 I keep in my bag, the others I put in our 3 conference rooms and 1 training room. It works great. I just walk around with my Surface Book or just the tablet portion and connect right up to them by hitting notifications > connect. The Microsoft ones work flawlessly. I purchased them from best buy.

OP
Orlbuckeye

Orlbuckeye

I tried it on my Alienware 18 and my older Acer AS8950G and when I tired to connect it couldn't find the adapter.

Last edited:

Aegeas

I have heard tell of 1080P content making these wireless gadgets drop frames because of the amount of bandwidth required to show them. Any issues with slow video or blocky or dropped frames?

flar

I picked one up the other day, but the display freaks out when using it. I'll get a full-size desktop on the second screen, but the content in the windows will only occupy a portion of the upper left of the wireless screen. Even more distressing, if I play a video on the wireless screen then I can see it jumping back and forth between full-size and partial size. It's as if it is confusing the real estate of the second screen with the real estate of my primary (SB) screen and flipping layouts back and forth between the two.

Has anyone seen anything like that on their adapter? Should I exchange it?