What's new

Anyone recieved their SB2

unruledboy

Mine is shipped, maybe today, maybe next Monday.

Actually they have in stock, I should have gone to the store and take it home:oops:

Nuspieds

Got it!!! :D But fun stuff will have to wait until tomorrow.

What's totally surprising is that it arrived with no signature required and FedEx just left it at the door (they didn't ring by doorbell because it was late)! :confused:

unruledboy

Got it!!! :D But fun stuff will have to wait until tomorrow.

What's totally surprising is that it arrived with no signature required and FedEx just left it at the door (they didn't ring by doorbell because it was late)! :confused:

I called dhl and Microsoft several times, they have to make it signed, I have no choice but wait next week to pick up by myself. Wasting time

OP
A

Afy

I am going to John Lewis in the yUK to have a look. I am still torn between the SB2 and the Porsche Book One. So lets see what happens..

ctballos

Mine came in yesterday!!! Wow the 15" is perfect. I love the 3/2 screen format for reading, programs and OneNote. Yesterday I installed all my programs and had no issues with anything. Overnight I downloaded a few hundred GB of my OneDrive data. I got the loaded version with a TB of storage, 16 GB or ram and the NVidia 1060 GPU. I had the first SB, I liked it but it had some problems, I sold it and have been using a Dell XPS 15 which I will probably sell.

I will say the clipboard doesn't seem to be much different as it still wiggles back and forth when you move the base around and when you tap on the screen but for me it's not much of an issue. The machine screams when you run programs, for instance loading an AutoCAD file is almost instantaneous and it loves the NVidia graphics card. The Wi-Fi seems to be faster at my house, for instance OneDrive when downloading use to be around 8mbs and now is downloading around 13mbs. The screen is great. Battery life so far is not the 17 and 5 hours advertised. I know I running the screamer but it looks more like 6 and 2. Yesterday I used the clipboard for just 2 hours and it was almost exhausted - even so I am still loving this machine.

I also got the new pen and mouse and they are both pretty awesome. I haven't used mouse on more than one display yet but I can see this being very useful as I travel all week and the less I have to carry the better. As a matter of fact I also carry around a new IPad Pro 12.9 which I have been using as a reader, a note taker and for entertainment, this is also going to be sold. This new SB2 is great.

ctballos- Is it a true Nvidia 1060? As in, does it used standard drivers from Nvidia or does it use special drivers that only MS has? I know it's not a game book, but one thing I really hate about the SP4 I have is not having a standard video card and many games won't load properly.

ctballos

ctballos- Is it a true Nvidia 1060? As in, does it used standard drivers from Nvidia or does it use special drivers that only MS has? I know it's not a game book, but one thing I really hate about the SP4 I have is not having a standard video card and many games won't load properly.

Hi starstreak,

I believe it is a real NVidia GPU. I installed the GeForce Experience app that keeps the video drivers up to date and it has installed the latest drivers from the NVidia website. AutoCAD also recognizes it as a NVidia GPU.

wynand32

Hi starstreak,

I believe it is a real NVidia GPU. I installed the GeForce Experience app that keeps the video drivers up to date and it has installed the latest drivers from the NVidia website. AutoCAD also recognizes it as a NVidia GPU.

One of the reasons I'm considering the SB2 15" is to run my wife's designer apps on occasions (frankly, it's overkill for my own uses as a writer; the 13" would be fine for my needs). Those include AutoCAD, and so any input you can provide on how well it does there would be appreciated.

ctballos

One of the reasons I'm considering the SB2 15" is to run my wife's designer apps on occasions (frankly, it's overkill for my own uses as a writer; the 13" would be fine for my needs). Those include AutoCAD, and so any input you can provide on how well it does there would be appreciated.

Truthfully it's overkill for me as well, I just can't help myself. The most processor intensive programs I run are AutoCAD LT, Photoshop about twice a month, a lot of Lightroom, a lot of Office and Solitaire. :D AutoCAD runs great. Once they finally worked out their screen display problems for the high res screens she screams. I had the first SB - 13.5" - and it was OK. The extra inch and a half of the SB2 is great.

wynand32

Truthfully it's overkill for me as well, I just can't help myself. The most processor intensive programs I run are AutoCAD LT, Photoshop about twice a month, a lot of Lightroom, a lot of Office and Solitaire. :D AutoCAD runs great. Once they finally worked out their screen display problems for the high res screens she screams. I had the first SB - 13.5" - and it was OK. The extra inch and a half of the SB2 is great.

Awesome, thanks! And I'll admit to at least a little bit of using my wife's needs as an excuse for going big. I mean, if I'm going to spend $2500 on a notebook, I might as well spend $3300, right?