What's new

Anyone sucessfully using tablet mode

I keep trying tablet mode but have many issues
have yet to learn how to switch active apps
Not keyboard pop on searching for name on Skype.
No keyboard icon to popup keyboard
No tablet shortcuts to anything? Eg WiFi settings, Bluetooth settings, Sound setting for default speakers. (use headset)
Once in tablet mode HOW can you quickly switch back to desktop mode?
Please encourage me to keep trying with your success story
:)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been using it for months and months and absolutely love it. Tablet mode alone is why I could never go back to 8.1.

To answer your questions as best as I can:

have yet to learn how to switch active apps

Just swipe in from the left. It will bring up taskview i believe. I liie it, but others prefer the win 81 side bar of apps.

Not keyboard pop on searching for name on Skype.

Certain software just doesn't seem to work properly in tablet mode. I also found that when verifying my MS account, it didn't automatically bring up the keyboard. You'd have thought that this would work given this is microsofts own software we are trying to use

No keyboard icon to popup keyboard

When in tablet mode, just hold click on the taskbar to get the menu up, and then you can select to show/hide the keyboard and other icons.

No tablet shortcuts to anything? Eg WiFi settings, Bluetooth settings,
Sound setting for default speakers. (use headset)

Just swipe in from the right (or click the little speech bubble icon next to where the keyboard shortcut icon normally is) . This will bring up the action centre. At the bottom you will find about 10 commonly used tablet friendly option toggles such as you would find on an android device etc. There is also a button to quickly swap between tablet and desktop mode