What's new

Anyone using the SP for Photography ?

Deckyon

Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC. There is a deal from Adobe right now where you can get both of the CC versions for $10/month. Photoshop on its own is more than twice that.

CrippsCorner

Thanks! I'll pass that on to her :) I wonder if you can use it on two computers... I want Lightroom whereas she wants Photoshop.

Deckyon

Dunno. I guess if you only install one on one PC and the other on another, still only one install per under the ID.

Currently about to enter into a 15hr Photography A2 exam starting on Friday... been using my Surface Pro 2 since January for all my coursework, including doing my entire coursework book digitally and then getting it printed professionally.

I use the Adobe Master Collection CS6, primarily using Photoshop, InDesign and Lightroom.

The Surface Pro 2 is incredible for this kind of work - for several of my coursework shoots I've been able to pack all my equipment (digital camera, transfer cable, Surface Pro 2 and Type Cover 2) in one small backpack, and with the Arc Surface Mouse tucked away inside my Surface's sleeve I have everything I need to really crank out those edits whether it be on location in a muddy forest somewhere, in a car on the way home from the beach or on a picnic table. It's just incredible the amount of versatility and freedom this thing gives me.

And then when I get home I just plug in the display lead and start working on my bigger monitor. Just wish the Docking Station were available to make the transition a bit cleaner.

But yes, getting intensive photography work done on this thing is absolutely brilliant. Changed my life, really. I can produce so much more work, of a better standard in a much faster time period.

Excellent example of the versatility of the device there! You should do a write up for the Surface Blog :)

My exam starts tomorrow so I'll definitely make sure to do that! That's a great idea to send it to MS. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it handles everything I've got to throw at it (multiple video/photo editing software at once, and then exporting).

Good luck with the exams :)

Thanks! The first five hours went really well today. Here's the video I produced, edited and exported at super-fast speeds thanks to the SP2's power:

[video=youtube;wC8hggLzE_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC8hggLzE_U[/video]

OP
K

keyboard

Thanks! The first five hours went really well today. Here's the video I produced, edited and exported at super-fast speeds thanks to the SP2's power:

[video=youtube;wC8hggLzE_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC8hggLzE_U[/video]

Very nice video... it looks like you have been taught well !!!!