What's new

Anyone waiting for the Manvex Surface Pro Cover

OP
Talldog

Talldog

HERE'S ANOTHER TIP:

The case closes with a thin piece of velcro. If you want a tighter fit so your SP doesn't sag inside the case at all, just take a couple pieces of double-sided tape and put them to either side of the velcro. It adds just that little bit extra grip you need.

Are some of these solutions a little ghetto? Sure but that's half the fun. Ghetto is fine so long as it doesn't look ghetto :).
I tried that trick after the first time you posted it. Works great, and you'd never know it's there.

mitchellvii

I'm still waiting for it to come available on amazon. I wish it were sold by ANYONE else!!!

You can always write to the manufacturer and get a pre-order in. They are very responsive to user input. They are probably adding some new enhancements and that's why they aren't available yet.

mitchellvii

I tried that trick after the first time you posted it. Works great, and you'd never know it's there.

Based upon your username I am assuming you may be tall like myself. If so you know what I'm talking about with the kickstand angle being too steep.

malberttoo

Best cover I've ever owned.

As far as "what is the purpose"... It's a beautiful cover, several layers of leather stitched together. So if I did accidentally drop the thing, there is at least some bulk there to hopefully absorb and cushion the impact.

As far as the keyboard having some "bounce", it is true; and that's my ONLY issue with the case. Most of the time that I use my Surface, I have my computer bag with me. So I've solved the "bounce" by keeping some of these (felt pads - Shop Waxman Brown Round Felt Pad at Lowes.com) in the bag, and placing a couple under the keyboard when I'm typing. I don't STICK them there, just place them there. They are small, discreet, and do the job perfectly. "ghetto"? Yes, but a 5-second solution to the only thing that nags me.

OP
Talldog

Talldog

Based upon your username I am assuming you may be tall like myself. If so you know what I'm talking about with the kickstand angle being too steep.
Actually, I'm not. Way back when I was in the Marines (waay back), I picked up a figure of speech from a buddy from Texas, "In like a tall dog". Translates to something like "I've got it made". I say it all the time even to this day, and many years ago one of my coworkers started calling me Talldog and it stuck.

OP
Talldog

Talldog

FYI, the last time Amazon was taking pre-orders for the Manvex (when I started this thread), they were supposed to be back in stock on 5/22. However, I got an email on 5/19 saying my wife's cover had shipped (getting it tomorrow, 5/21). Seems like they might be ramping up production. If anyone is waiting for this, I suggest visiting the Amazon link multiple times per day.

TrevlynJ

Without wanting to 'stick the knife in and twist' for those who haven't got one, mine arrived today from Amazon. So far it's the best accessory I've bought for my SP (actually, it's currently the only accessory). Multiple viewing angles (far more than just the standard kickstand), looks pretty good, and as has been pointed out will (hopefully) provide some modicum of protection should my SP ever suffer a case of sudden gravity. My only gripe is that if I have the touch keyboard attached it doesn't seem to allow the SP to sleep when I close it up. I think it's due to the edging of the folio holding the keyboard away from the screen. No biggy, I just have to remember to press the power button when I close it up. Other than that, it's brilliant. I may have to buy a spare for when this one wears out.