What's new

Anyone waiting for the Manvex Surface Pro Cover

malberttoo

I never put my Surface to sleep by shutting the cover, instead I always did it through the GUI. But you're right that it SHOULD work. I'm going to experiment with mine a little and see what happens. Thanks for the info.

TagsxA

Yeah, so that case was HORRIBLE!!! I tried my best to make it work, but it wasn't worth it so I tossed it (it was only $14 anyway). Thankfully, I finally got the Manvex case today and I'm using it right now. Wow, I had high hopes for this thing and it has exceeded my every expectation.

maddom

Hey, just got my SP a couple of days ago (and I love it :) ).
Heard mostly good things about this case but on amazon one review mentioned that it was getting hot and the fans ran non stop. So I wondered: Is the "fanslit" covered by the case?
Does anybody experience problems like that?

"I decided to buy this product after reading good reviews. I'll have to say, I have no idea what these people are talking about. Here are some of the reasons why I'm returning the case: 1. The windows touch key on the bottom cannot be accessed. I have to wriggle my finger around the touch key or press real hard between case and windows touch key to make it work. Even doing this it does not work all the time. Very frustrating. 2. When a video is in the full screen mode, you can not get to controls on the bottom of the screen because of the case. You have to use the stylus pen if you want to do anything.. Not Good. 3. I've never seen my surface pro fan going so loud nonstop while it was in the case. It was very loud. I was just browsing the internet. As soon as I took the surface pro out of the case...fan stopped within a minute... it was very hot...almost too hot to touch. I wonder if these are valid reviews left by actual users of the case. Finally I would be very concerned to use this case for many days and many hours at a time knowing how hot it got using it for just 30 minutes or so."

Edit:

Just found more, which makes me even more skeptical:

"This cover will make your surface pro hot like hell since it block the main fan of you device!! Your surface pro will be burned!! For the good of your surface pro, DON'T BUY IT!!!"

"This is actually fits the Pro version very well. The PU leather is very soft and easy to hold. My only complaint is that there is no ventilation at the top where the pen is held. I cut a small slant and that actually help with cooling the surface. Also maybe the case need more velcro at the bottom to hold the surface in place." <-- This might work..

"...
2. the vents on the Surface Pro are at the top and the cover doesn't allow proper venting. This can cause the device to get pretty hot during intense CPU usage.
..."

"...
Finally the venting at the top of the Surface is almost completely covered and I found it got hot in some circumstances that did not occur with the Moko case.
So my recommendations to make the case better:

Strengthen the front flap at least to make a better resting surface in your lap for instance
Add some perforations to the material along the top of the Surface
..."

Thought you guys might be interested.

Last edited:

TagsxA

Not a single overheating issue here either. Currently, I have my SP on all day at work. It's either streaming the TuneIn app, music through the desktop version of Spotify, or running OneNote and IE at meetings. I even leave the screen on all day and it only gets warm.

mitchellvii

Not a single overheating issue here either. Currently, I have my SP on all day at work. It's either streaming the TuneIn app, music through the desktop version of Spotify, or running OneNote and IE at meetings. I even leave the screen on all day and it only gets warm.

Having venting exposed to air at all points is clearly overrated. Just so long as it isn't completely closed off you should be fine.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

maddom

Thanks guys.
Ordered it and looking forward to not having to carry my SP in the bag for my 17" laptop :). Might do an update with my own experience.

mitchellvii

Thanks guys.
Ordered it and looking forward to not having to carry my SP in the bag for my 17" laptop :). Might do an update with my own experience.

If you want a super snug fit take a couple pieces of double-sided scotch tape (the thin clear type) and put it on either side of the velcro strip. Holds fine without it but the extra sticky makes it even better.

malberttoo

Never had mine overheat, or even get "warmer" than what I would consider normal. Makes me wonder if the guy complaining was talking about the Manvex case at all!

maddom

If you want a super snug fit take a couple pieces of double-sided scotch tape (the thin clear type) and put it on either side of the velcro strip. Holds fine without it but the extra sticky makes it even better.

Thanks for the tip! Not entirely sure what you mean, but I'll figure it out once I have it in front of me.

So everyone here seems to love his Manvex. Nice!