What's new

App Recomendations?

megatronium

Would any SP3 users like to share their Windows app recommendations? Since getting my SP3, I've been using it in desktop mode exclusively but would love to see what apps would be useful and try my hand at them.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Gosh, what are you interested in?
- Sports
- Reading
- Art
- Cooking
- Apps to find apps
- Music
- Video
- etc.

boldo

Tapatalk -- if you are going to read forums. It´s not as good as ioS or Android versions but it´s the best forum client you can find.

Readiy Pro, I´ve just known this app in the forum!

Last edited:

TeknoBlast

TapaTalk
Mint
AppyGeek
AP
Flipboard
CNN
Adobe Photoshop Express
ESPN
Crackle
VLC for Windows 8
iHeartRadio
Hyper for YouTube

Games:
Wordament
Word Search
Monsters Love Candy
Halo Spartan Assault
Microsoft Jigsaw

dniezby

Saw some good apps posted here but nothing to tell you what they are. Here are some of my favorites with a description:

• Mint - From the creators of Quicken, it's probably the best financial manager out there.
  • Tap Talk - Touch Friendly Forum interaction. This forum and many others are available.
  • AppyGeek - Tech news and information.
  • USA Today - News App
  • Bing Health & Fitness - Fitness Travers. Monitor everything from Diet to Blood Pressure. Plan your workouts and meals as well. This is a hidden gem that is already on your Surface.
  • Flipboard - I don't know how to use this yet, but it seems pretty cool. Sort of like Pintrest I think.
  • Adobe Photoshop Express - Photo editor and manager.
  • ESPN - Good general sport app.
  • NFL - Makes a few great apps. Fantasy and Now. BOTH Awesome
  • Bing Sports - Better general sports app than ESPN and also, already on your Surface.
  • Crackle - Watch FREE add supported (commercials) movies.
  • VLC for Windows 8 - Still mostly in Beta and a bit buggy but good video player. Will play almost ANY movie / music file format.
  • Hyper for YouTube - Simply awesome YouTube app. Definitely my favorite one. I've tested a lot and this one has a nice interface making it a joy to use.
  • Bing Weather - Simple, easy to use app for - well - Weather. Also already on Surface.
  • Weather Bug- More advanced weather app for Weatherfiles.
What we really should be doing is talking about the apps that are missing from the store. Many big apps are missing and I can't understand why. Microsoft gives their SDK away for developers to create apps AND they have the largest app reach by far. Why ANY developer would go elsewhere is just foolish in my opinion.

Hope you enjoy this list. Can't wait to see the ones I haven't found myself.

leeshor

This thread was in the x86/x64 section. You aren't limited to the Microsoft Store. (just an fyi)