What's new

app stopping suface closing down

andy1494

When I am closing surface pro 2 down it comes up saying this app shopping it close in down, there no name of the app, the previous two apps I have removed but it still there even thoe it still closes, how can I check or even stop it if I don't no what app it is thanks. Andy

leeshor

That's a tough one Andy. If you leave it for an extra minute does it eventually shut down. When closing your apps are you waiting a minute before shutdown for the apps to clean up after themselves?

OP
A

andy1494

Hi there, it only small less than an minute easy, but it never happened before, just says an app stop close in down but it don't says what it is, tried looking every where nothing I can see running in back ground

leeshor

I have that problem in Windows 7 on my desktop but I have 13 different programs running in the system tray and have not been able to ID the culprit. I've learned to ignore it. ;);) It doesn't otherwise seem to be adversely affecting my system.

The only thing I could think of to do is check CPU usage just before shutting down to see if there are any processes hung.

CrippsCorner

Yes could you do that with Task Manager up on the screen at the same time? Might give you an indication of where the problem lies. I actually get this every time I forget to manually shut mIRC down, but luckily it does notify me that that's where the issue is!