What's new

App to read this forum is now in the store!

KLR

Folks,

I have made an app to read this forum, and it is now in the store: SurfaceForums.net app for Windows in the Windows Store

Please try it, use it, and let me know your feedback. It is most of the way to be a generic tapatalk forum reader, so your input will be very valuable in shaping that, which I hope to have released in the next one or two months.

Thanks!
--randy

Nice App, thanks. So far, so good. No issue yet.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

OP
W

wilbur4321

Just tried it out shortly and it looks nice. Is there a way within the app to view or post pictures?

Thanks. You can post inline pictures with [ url ] tags manually, but attachments are not supported.

kristalsoldier

Hmm. I am working on updating the advertising anyways, so I will look at that. I'm concerned that it would obscure that message title or forum path too much in that section. Are you seeing advertising on any of the response (or new post) pages -- that *definitely* should not be present, for the very reason you bring up.

Speaking of advertising, do you consistently see it? I've been concerned about low fill rates and whether it's worth it or not.

Thanks!
--randy

Hi...

Thanks for getting back. I don't have my Surface close by at the moment, but will respond as soon as I get to it. All in all, I think you have done an excellent job on the app. I also like the way that you are evolving the app based on user-feedback...and quickly at that!

Cheers!

OP
W

wilbur4321

Hi...
Thanks for getting back. I don't have my Surface close by at the moment, but will respond as soon as I get to it. All in all, I think you have done an excellent job on the app. I also like the way that you are evolving the app based on user-feedback...and quickly at that!

Thanks! I wish it was faster ... have the kidlets for a couple weeks now, so I won't have a lot of time :( (but it's worth it!) There's an update pending in certification for adding support for like/unlike; should be out in a day or two.

thanks,
--randy

ArnoldC

I was hoping this will be A LOT better than the existing Board Express (which is not restricted to a single forum).

OP
W

wilbur4321

Arnold, this is actually intentionally limited to a single forum to flush out bugs and user requests before I release a full version. If some of you here would be interested in beta testing the full version and know how to side load apps, please PM me.

OP
W

wilbur4321

Someone left a review that there is crash every time he or she hits the back button. I cannot reproduce this... If that person would be so kind as to contact me, I would greatly appreciate it.