What's new

App to read this forum is now in the store!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Folks,

I have made an app to read this forum, and it is now in the store: SurfaceForums.net app for Windows in the Windows Store

Please try it, use it, and let me know your feedback. It is most of the way to be a generic tapatalk forum reader, so your input will be very valuable in shaping that, which I hope to have released in the next one or two months.

Thanks!
--randy

Nice App...

What I really like is being able to use return and have multi-line posts :)

Sent from Boards for Windows on Windows 8

mitchellvii

Using it now I like it very much. Hate trying to type in web forums.

cool, thank you. going to try it out now.

works great except "by category" tapping on anything doesn't do anything. "by name" works fine though

never mind. I have to tap on the + exactly, then it works. May want to change that action and open tree with tapping on line rather than hitting on the + symbol.

Last edited:

BillJ

Folks,

I have made an app to read this forum, and it is now in the store: SurfaceForums.net app for Windows in the Windows Store

Please try it, use it, and let me know your feedback. It is most of the way to be a generic tapatalk forum reader, so your input will be very valuable in shaping that, which I hope to have released in the next one or two months.

Thanks!
--randy

Looks great- I can't see where to make the search feature to work (charm search brings up no result). Also, posting without quoting would be a good option

OP
W

wilbur4321

cool, thank you. going to try it out now.

works great except "by category" tapping on anything doesn't do anything. "by name" works fine though

never mind. I have to tap on the + exactly, then it works. May want to change that action and open tree with tapping on line rather than hitting on the + symbol.

I really struggled with this one. For some forums and categories, this would be easy. However, many forums have categories that both have their own topics and have sub-categories. The sister-site of this one, XoomForums, has a few such. I was concerned that if I expanded the subcategories for the normal case (a category that just had sub-categories), that users wouldn't be able to figure out the other situation.

This was a roll-my-own tree control; I've seen another one out there that has much bigger indicator icon with a larger hit area. I may try swapping that in.

Thanks,
--randy

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8