What's new

'Apple-like' lines for Microsoft's Surface Pro

J515OP

Super Moderator
Bosamar --

Soooo, does that mean there will be "Surface-like" lines for the next Apple phone?

:)
Russ

Really this is just another way to say how great Apple is. It never goes the other way. Even when Apple isn't better at something they are held as the benchmark.

magicrobots

I think regardless of what you think of their product, you can't argue with the numbers. They sell millions of new products in a weekend, and have lines wrapping around blocks and down the street at each launch. I'd say that's something to strive for.

Russ

you can't argue with the numbers.

MagicRobots --

No intent to argue with Apple's numbers; they are clearly successful. It is the endemic Microsoft bashing that is so tiresome. Would it hurt so much for those clowns to acknowledge that both companies make good products? Just because I think my Lady is beautiful doesn't mean that some other lady is ugly.

Regards,
Russ

magicrobots

That's a very good point. I think it's a problem that is sadly pervasive in our country's culture; people can only find value in something if they find fault in something else. It's a shame.

J515OP

Super Moderator
MagicRobots --

No intent to argue with Apple's numbers; they are clearly successful. It is the endemic Microsoft bashing that is so tiresome. Would it hurt so much for those clowns to acknowledge that both companies make good products? Just because I think my Lady is beautiful doesn't mean that some other lady is ugly.

Regards,
Russ

I agree and this was more my point too. I think it is great Apple is successful and let's admit they made everybody in consumer electronics raise the bar. Not everything has to be compared to Apple though and not everybody needs Apple numbers to be successful. Let's remember they are exceptional not average and for a company that makes 2 tablets, a console and a few accessories, in addition to their primary focus (software) the measure of success is going to be far different than Apple. Frankly MS would be happy being a solid 3rd behind Apple and Google in phones and tablets at this point (they haven't yet knocked BlackBerry back to 4th). Let's just have a reference without including Apple for a breath of fresh air ;)