What's new

Apple rant by an Apple fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, simple one. Picture in Picture. If you're watching video (without a second screen), lets say you're watching video so you're trying to keep the window open but don't need to focus on it, and trying to work, every time you open a new window it will go over the video screen. You can get it as a chrome extension (only for web video), but I haven't seen anything (maybe I missed it somewhere) that does it out of box with Windows 10, so if you wanted to watch video on a plane and work, well, it would only work if you split screen, not two apps and video.

It wasn't to say it was better for multitasking, it was to say it was actually better for the particular example he used, particularly where you try to espouse the virtues of the SP3's ability to play HD video which the IPP would actually better.

jrioux

I would still love to learn what these headaches are that you alude to, which make the iPad a better device for multitasking.
Perhaps he can't figure out how to use a mouse? Or, maybe the backlit keyboard distracts him? Or, maybe he only knows how to use Safari, and gets confused by Chrome, Foxfire and IE? Or, well, he may just be a teenaged troll???

Perhaps he can't figure out how to use a mouse? Or, maybe the backlit keyboard distracts him? Or, maybe he only knows how to use Safari, and gets confused by Chrome, Foxfire and IE? Or, well, he may just be a teenaged troll???

Or perhaps people are commenting on a device they have never used or is not targeted at them because they don't understand it. I have used and owned both. I doubt I could say the same for you.

What I am trying to say is comparing the two is about as useful as saying the iPhone is a terrible laptop. Yes, and the Surface Pro 3 is a terrible phone. They're not designed to do the same things. The Surface is a laptop first and a tablet second. It’s not a great tablet, the iPad will always be a better tablet because it's a dedicated tablet, and not just because it lacks the amount of apps. Apple has clearly stated they don’t believe hybrids will work at this point in time, and that is reflected in the SP3 and SP4 which are great laptops, but mediocre tablets. That means that the IPP is not meant to be a hybrid, nor is it meant to compete with the SP4. The only comment about laptops that has come out is Tim Cook mentioning that it replaces his requirement for a laptop, which is probably true for a portion of higher management people who don’t have the need for technical applications and can run most of their requirements through web based products, ERP based reporting that have tablet interfaces (true of the big ERP’s that the top 500 companies run), and probably spend most of their day in email or viewing word documents because they don’t actually have to write them. Its a tablet, just a tablet, and a tablet aimed at specifically the creative markets. Now, I’m not sure what part of that is difficult to understand.

Last edited:

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or perhaps people are commenting on a device they have never used or is not targeted at them because they don't understand it. I have used and owned both. I doubt I could say the same for you.

What I am trying to say is comparing the two is about as useful as saying the iPhone is a terrible laptop. Yes, and the Surface Pro 3 is a terrible phone. They're not designed to do the same things. The Surface is a laptop first and a tablet second. It’s not a great tablet, the iPad will always be a better tablet because it's a dedicated tablet, and not just because it lacks the amount of apps. Apple has clearly stated they don’t believe hybrids will work at this point in time, and that is reflected in the SP3 and SP4 which are great laptops, but mediocre tablets. That means that the IPP is not meant to be a hybrid, nor is it meant to compete with the SP4. The only comment about laptops that has come out is Tim Cook mentioning that it replaces his requirement for a laptop, which is probably true for a portion of higher management people who don’t have the need for technical applications and can run most of their requirements through web based products, ERP based reporting that have tablet interfaces (true of the big ERP’s that the top 500 companies run), and probably spend most of their day in email or viewing word documents because they don’t actually have to write them. Its a tablet, just a tablet, and a tablet aimed at specifically the creative markets. Now, I’m not sure what part of that is difficult to understand.

Yahoo just crowned the SP4 tablet of the year ahead of the ipad pro ;) Personally, i had an ipad, a couple of nexus tablets, and the SP3 replaced them all. It was a far better experience

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
And again, a disagreement between people whom like apples and people whom like oranges ends up in a messy food fight. The best fruit is the one you choose. Thread has served its useful purpose. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.