What's new

Appliance Lead for Surface Pro

terreh

Hi Guys,

I bought a Surface Pro off ebay, and it should be arriving next monday (yay!). I live in Australia though, and we have different power adapters over here. I noticed however that the surface pro appliance lead plugs into a transformer with the 2 prong ac lead. So I should be able to replace the lead right? I've attached a pic of the cable i plan on plugging into the Surface Pro transformer. If anyone could confirm this and that it shouldn't be a problem?
WP_20130222_001.jpg

Cheers

ArnoldC

I posted the connector IEC code in another thread.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

ArnoldC

Seriously man, if you're going to respond like this, at least link to the thread. The purpose of a forum is to be helpful.

Seriously, if you will note where I'm posting it is Board Express on a phone. He has a better chance of doing a search that I do. Seriously.

magicrobots

If you can't post anything useful, wait until you can. Or at least explain your situation so people don't come off your post thinking you're being a troll.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Seriously man, if you're going to respond like this, at least link to the thread. The purpose of a forum is to be helpful.

The search tool is very underutilized. There are many multiple threads reposting on the same subject instead of using a simple forum search. While a link would be nice there is no requirement to post one instead of asking others to use the search feature.

If you can't post anything useful, wait until you can. Or at least explain your situation so people don't come off your post thinking you're being a troll.

Brevity is not against the forum rules. There are many reasons a member may have a short response. Letting another member know the answer is out there and even who posted it is all you need to use the search feature and quickly find the answer. The post in question indicates it was made from a phone using board express.

I am sorry you disagree with the usefulness of the post but it doesn't constitute trolling or warrant being called a troll. Arguably your response adds less to the conversation and is more offensive than the post noting the question has been answered elsewhere. Had you put a little effort into answering the question you could have answered as easily as calling somebody out for not answering http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/microsoft-surface-accessories/3488-power-supply.html#post16808.

Let's just keep in mind we are all here to discuss and help where we can but it is not required. Resorting to name calling isn't helpful in any circumstance.

JP

OP
T

terreh

So this lead should work as a replacement to the surface pro lead? I don't really get what your talking about with these codes.