What's new

Apps I would like to see on Surface RT

mesii23

Chrome

Firefox

Opera

Pretty much any browser that isn't the slow, clunky mess that is Internet Explorer. I hate the favorites/frequent site set up. Would prefer Chrome most of all so that I can easily sync with all devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

leahtt

These are useful Apps and programs:
Adobe PS Touch
A good FTP App such as Textastic
Calibre (for converting html to Mobi file)
Send to Kindle

oceanmars

Sirius XM app. I know I can use the internet interface, but an app similar to XBox music or Nokia mix music would be great.

f4f

A few apps i would like to see

I wanted to bump this thread and add a few apps that would improve my experience.

Whatsapp! I don't care if this is or isn't on the iPad or Android tablets. I rely on this app heavily throughout the day and I would love to have it sync to my Surface and share things from my Surface through Whatsapp.

Wechat. Another msging app that I use but not nearly to the extent that I use Whatsapp.

Zynga games would be nice.

Youtube! And I mean a Youtube where "full screen" means full screen!

Drey

Ugh bump again because I just got my surface and kinda reallyyyy disappointed I can't get anything I wanted to use it for..... no google play...wth...no whatsapp, and IE.... who uses IE anymore. Pretty disappointed just shelled out money for something i could've got from a $80 tablet....wait i could've got google play on that..... so disappointed.

kundas1

@ Drey Wow really? Because you can't use one crappy app and you're disappointed with the RT? The RT is 90% full computer and I would suggest you do a little research before you give up on a great device... there so many things that can be done on the RT. just look at some vids on youtube from Sean Ong and a couple of others! also IE 11 is a great and works flawless and has come a long way from what it used to be, so who uses IE? MOST OF US use IE and thinks it works great!

Last edited:

Drey

no not BC ONE app, there are a NUMBER of apps not available for it ( just look at this thread for ideas) unfortunately like 80% of the ones I need, the others are just 'would like to have'. and you say most of US? I don't know anyone who uses IE anymore and regardless it's be nice to have options. as well, aside from what it can do, it doesn't do what most any other 'tablet' can when it comes to ease of getting apps that the rest of the free world can access via Google play or apple store. not impressed and don't think it should be advertised as a 'tablet' that acts like a PC.
as a super moderator you probably shouldn't make it such a personal attack on opinions. thought this was a place to come express our thoughts freely without being berated for them.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh bump again because I just got my surface and kinda reallyyyy disappointed I can't get anything I wanted to use it for..... no google play...wth...no whatsapp, and IE.... who uses IE anymore. Pretty disappointed just shelled out money for something i could've got from a $80 tablet....wait i could've got google play on that..... so disappointed.
Dude....did you do any level of research before you bought it? Why are on earth did you buy Windows RT Tablet with the expectation of running Android Apps on it? Do yourself a huge favor and get a refund and buy a Android Tablet and allow Google to track all of behavior and sell it to their clients but at least you will have the ecosystem you want.

BTW - IE is still the number one used browser...Chrome on Windows is a battery killer and a resource hog.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
no not BC ONE app, there are a NUMBER of apps not available for it ( just look at this thread for ideas) unfortunately like 80% of the ones I need, the others are just 'would like to have'. and you say most of US? I don't know anyone who uses IE anymore and regardless it's be nice to have options. as well, aside from what it can do, it doesn't do what most any other 'tablet' can when it comes to ease of getting apps that the rest of the free world can access via Google play or apple store. not impressed and don't think it should be advertised as a 'tablet' that acts like a PC.
as a super moderator you probably shouldn't make it such a personal attack on opinions. thought this was a place to come express our thoughts freely without being berated for them.
Your post comes across as Trolling, you come into an enthusiast community and Necro an Old Thread with a "This thing Sucks...." Post and you expect the community who use and love these devices everyday to say..."you know, you;re right....man it doesn't allow us to use the other ecosystems, we've been duped....."?

Drey

trolling huh, so start a new thread on top of one that had been bumped before... OK. and if you don't want the topic brought up again then ban topics that might question you so beloved product. OR offer some solutions to people. yes I did do research and actually asked some of these questions specifically and was told I could be able to access most of them...not that bad information is the fault of the device, that's just the disappointment. and I would never use chrome BC I agree its an energy hog.
just curious then as well....where are your solutions, answers, alternatives to others that wish to have apps added as well...wouldn'twant to necro anything again looking for solutions before I give up.