What's new

Apps just pending and not downloading

satoriameera

I received a surface tablet for christmas and i wanted to download some apps from the store. Inhave had 2 apps and 4 updates pending forn days. I dontn why this is...i hsve been on wifi the whole time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

rtibbitts

I had the same issue and contacted Microsoft Support. The had me do a system refresh and that took care of it. It did create a couple of minor annoyances so I'd advise that you do a backup first. In fact now as I think about it, it wasn't the refresh but the restore or whichever process that keeps files but reloads the system.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Usually when I've seen this, I've been able to fix by:

Using a local account and haven't associated the Store with a Microsoft Account (Settings Charm)
Under the Settings Charm....App Updates....Sync Licenses
If that doesn't work, run as Kayzee suggests....wsreset.exe, reboot and then Sync Licenses

HTH,

rtibbitts

Usually when I've seen this, I've been able to fix by:

Using a local account and haven't associated the Store with a Microsoft Account (Settings Charm)
Under the Settings Charm....App Updates....Sync Licenses
If that doesn't work, run as Kayzee suggests....wsreset.exe, reboot and then Sync Licenses

HTH,

I hadn't tried the Synch Licenses before so thanks for the tip. Hope there's not a next time but if there is I'll give it a go. I did however try wsreset.exe to no avail.

MDT

I had the same problem, tryed the things suggested above with no luck. I updated to 8.1 which took a long time to download but after restarting my surface apps have been loading fine.

Last edited: