What's new

April 9th SP Firmware Upgrade

Rvacha

FYI, a firmware upgrade is available via Windows Update today. According the MS it:
• Resolves an issue with on screen touch navigation in the UEFI boot menu.

• Resolves some Surface Type and Touch cover connectivity issues.

• Support for 106/109 keyboards on North American Surface devices.

• Resolves an issue where toggling airplane mode would disable the Wi-Fi driver.
Unlike the last time my firmware installed today without a hitch

Last edited:

qi88

Same here. Downloaded and installed with no issues. However, it didn't resolve my particular connectivity issue (when i try to access my homegroup for the first time, I drop connectivity and have to reset the wifi adapter) though in all fairness, nothing MS lists in their fix list pertains to any issues I'm experiencing. So, here's hoping this is one of several updates we see to smooth out some of the rocks in the road.

mtalinm

all of my windows-store apps launch faster now, fwiw. still refuses to connect to WEP or unencrypted wifi hotspots including my home router, grrrr...since the 3/29 update

mitchellvii

Don't bother me with updates until it lets me run my tablet and external monitor at independent zoom levels. THEN I'll be interested. Oh yeah and also having the keyboard pop up immediately when i enter a text field in a desktop app. Also give me an option to turn off the stupid dot under the pen.

Last edited:

Ruffles

Wow. All my Metro apps and even the store seem to launch almost instantly. Also, I read that this update fixes the Limited Connectivity wifi issue so I switched to my N network and sure enough, it hasn't dropped yet :) Way to go MS!

Edit: It dropped :(

Last edited:

riggi

I did this update this morning.
5 times in the last 4 or 5 hours, I have put my SP to sleep using the power button. When I come back, the unit is really hot and it won't wake up.
I have to hold down the power button to shut it off and then power it back up.

It was sleeping and waking fine prior to the update.

Anyone else getting a similar problem?

[edit]
So, thinking was a power related problem preventing the SP from sleeping, I went digging around and put a tick back in the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" option of the network adaptor properties.
I unticked it a while ago when trying to troubleshoot a connection problem.

Now my SP is sleeping and waking correctly, and cooling down whilst asleep.
I'll leave that option ticked and see if everything stays happy.

[/edit]

Last edited:

riggi

I only use the Trackpad Setting app to disable tap to click on the touch pad and it is still disabled for me...