What's new

Solved Arc Mouse on Surface Pro 3

parmacrafter

I have used the Bluetooth Arc mouse as well as the Apple Bluetooth Magic Mouse and a few USB mice by Logitech as well as Microsoft. I have found the scrolling issue exists on both Bluetooth mice as well as most of the USB mice I have tried. On the bluetooth it is as if the scroll function just goes to sleep at will. The usb mice don't seem to suffer with the scrolling problem as often, but still have issues. I'm beginning to think this might be an issue with drivers and the Surface Pro 3.

OP
L

leshay

I have used the Bluetooth Arc mouse as well as the Apple Bluetooth Magic Mouse and a few USB mice by Logitech as well as Microsoft. I have found the scrolling issue exists on both Bluetooth mice as well as most of the USB mice I have tried. On the bluetooth it is as if the scroll function just goes to sleep at will. The usb mice don't seem to suffer with the scrolling problem as often, but still have issues. I'm beginning to think this might be an issue with drivers and the Surface Pro 3.
Hi
That doesn't bode well for my MS Bluetooth mouse I have on order to replace the Arc Mouse. For such expensive items it is a disgrace that what is really not new technology can't be reliable.

EDIT|: I note that my remarks about Microsoft were removed. With regard to my comments about being forced to keep the MS Store App was perfectly valid. The email sent to me saying that it was because it was integral to the system is absolute nonesense.

Last edited:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This mouse of mine is still going strong:
Rat Rating - Found an excellent mouse - Better than Wedge

logitech_mouse_surface.jpg

Tatletz

When I first bought my arc mouse it stopped working completely after about a week. Then I had it replaced and so far so good, no issues at all.

OP
L

leshay

Hi
I have received my new Bluetooth mouse. MS Sculpt Comfort Mouse.
Installation was a breeze, all mouse functions working properly. Although it is very early days, if it continues as it has then I will be really pleased. Having a reall scroll whell is total bliss compared to the Arc mouse. Everything seems to be much smoother with this one. I will hold off saying I would recommend it over the Arc mouse until I have had it for a reasonable time.

OP
L

leshay

When I first bought my arc mouse it stopped working completely after about a week. Then I had it replaced and so far so good, no issues at all.
Hi
I did consider asking for a replacement, but as I didn't like the scroll method even when it was working, I decided a return/refund was the way to go.

Just as an additional note: Last night, while using the Arc mouse, and laying it down as you do to type, the untouched mouse was 'clicking' away to itself - that sort of vibrating noise it has while in use. It wasn't continuous, but every few tens of seconds it would utter a few clicks. It didn't seem to move the pointer or anything. Anyway, a mute point as I will not ever see it again now.

SteveMac

I've had the same issues with it since I purchased a few months back. I only use it part time no, as my Logitech Performance MX mouse does a far better job.

I constantly (a few times a day) had to "close" and "open" the device to bring back scrolling and sometimes any kind of movement. This was with both Windows 8.1 and also Windows 10.

I must admit that I grew fond of the feel of the mouse, it's just so light and simple.

PS - Don't get me started on the scroll feedback feature, what a pile'o'.......

Same issue with the scrolling just stopping for no reason, simple fold it out and fold it back fixes it but annoying for a $60 mouse (got it shortly after it came out).

bvone21

same here...it's annoying...snap it closed, open it back up and the scroll works again. I suspect it's a bluetooth driver issue. Although it sounds like some folks are having no issue with other mice...so maybe it is unique to the the Arc mouse with these drivers.

OP
L

leshay

same here...it's annoying...snap it closed, open it back up and the scroll works again. I suspect it's a bluetooth driver issue. Although it sounds like some folks are having no issue with other mice...so maybe it is unique to the the Arc mouse with these drivers.

I have had no issues at all with the Sculpt Comfort mouse I replaced the Arc mouse with. So far, it does exactly what it should, as well as having more function buttons that are actually very useful.

kundas1

that's great that your mouse is working for ya, but we would like the Arc mouse to work (as it should!) properly because it flattens out and will fit in my carry bag with no big bulge... the mouse you're using would not fit nicely in my carry bag...