What's new

Arc Mouse Surface Edition in the UK

kristalsoldier

Hi all...

Does anybody (MS folk included) have any idea when this mouse will be available in the UK? I have been holding off buying any other mouse (don't want the Wedge - had one and it broke!).

Seriously, MS marketing really needs to up their game on these things. can't simply have a product listed on their site for months on end saying 'coming soon'!!!!!!

Cheers!

daniielrp

I'd like to know this too. And the Dock. And the wireless adapter for the covers. Come on MS!!!

Last edited:
OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

Seriously...this kind of stuff gets rather irritating! And, MS seems to have a bloody history doing stuff like this! Why don't I see this problem happening on the Apple site and/ or store?

oion

You're probably better off contacting Microsoft UK directly or visiting the official MS boards (though not sure if there's an accessories section). No one here is going to know anything about the back-end supply schedule....and I doubt floor sales people would know either.

Maybe there are 3rd parties around (Amazon UK or ebay?) that will ship internationally otherwise, but the Arc Surface edition is listed as out of stock on the U.S. MS store right now. Well, I wasn't expecting them to have stock issues with accessories beyond the keyboards, but geez.

Seriously...this kind of stuff gets rather irritating! And, MS seems to have a bloody history doing stuff like this! Why don't I see this problem happening on the Apple site and/ or store?

Because Apple has had over a decade of device supply/demand logistics experience? Just a guess. They have a much, much tighter grip on the various device markets they're in and I'd expect Apple has a better sense of market demands due to history. Microsoft tripped and fell on gen 1 so gen 2 is still "fresh out the gate" so to speak for this season.

Last edited:
OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

You're probably better off contacting Microsoft UK directly or visiting the official MS boards (though not sure if there's an accessories section). No one here is going to know anything about the back-end supply schedule....and I doubt floor sales people would know either.

Maybe there are 3rd parties around (Amazon UK or ebay?) that will ship internationally otherwise, but the Arc Surface edition is listed as out of stock on the U.S. MS store right now. Well, I wasn't expecting them to have stock issues with accessories beyond the keyboards, but geez.

Because Apple has had over a decade of device supply/demand logistics experience? Just a guess. They have a much, much tighter grip on the various device markets they're in and I'd expect Apple has a better sense of market demands due to history. Microsoft tripped and fell on gen 1 so gen 2 is still "fresh out the gate" so to speak for this season.

I did ask the usual suspects, but as you mentioned, they have no clue. Not available on Amazon UK. Regardless, if a product is not available in a market, then they should not be listing on their site (with a MRP) especially when the product is available in another market (namely, the US).

Garfield

Same problem in Germany. When I contacted a Support engineer, he told me, it will be available on January. Not even in Germany but in Europe.

CrippsCorner

tongue.png
I actually started another thread about what the colour match was like on those two accessories, I like to have stuff matching too. But, I have the black Surface, with the black keyboard, and a black mouse, so you know... it works! The most important aspect for me when looking for a new mouse is that it has a swipe to forward/back in a browser. This is absolutely essential to me, and on this mouse, it works. Not quite as good as the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 (which I consider to be the best mouse of all time) but I've got used to it and it does the job well.

OP
kristalsoldier

kristalsoldier

tongue.png
I actually started another thread about what the colour match was like on those two accessories, I like to have stuff matching too. But, I have the black Surface, with the black keyboard, and a black mouse, so you know... it works! The most important aspect for me when looking for a new mouse is that it has a swipe to forward/back in a browser. This is absolutely essential to me, and on this mouse, it works. Not quite as good as the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 (which I consider to be the best mouse of all time) but I've got used to it and it does the job well.

Yeah, I know! I had suggested the black on black combo in that thread :) But since I have the Surface 2 and a purple type cover, effectively, there is nothing that I can match...you see my dilemma...first world problem though it may be!

oion

tongue.png

I've never swiped on a mouse itself to work the browser; how does that work? In Opera I use mouse gestures so it doesn't matter what input device I use, and on my Surface when using desktop IE, I use the Alt-left arrow combo when not using a mouse. Otherwise, I have a Swiftpoint. :p (Edit to add: Swiftpoint is discontinued, though, so any remaining units are quite expensive.)

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

Yeah, I know! I had suggested the black on black combo in that thread :) But since I have the Surface 2 and a purple type cover, effectively, there is nothing that I can match...you see my dilemma...first world problem though it may be!

Oh man, absolutely, that would drive me bonkers! You're not alone don't worry
in%20love.png

I've never swiped on a mouse itself to work the browser; how does that work? In Opera I use mouse gestures so it doesn't matter what input device I use, and on my Surface when using desktop IE, I use the Alt-left arrow combo when not using a mouse. Otherwise, I have a Swiftpoint. :p (Edit to add: Swiftpoint is discontinued, though, so any remaining units are quite expensive.)

Well with my IntelliMouse they were physical buttons to press. But the movement was so glorious, it's kinda hard to explain if you've never used one. With the Sculpt Comfort the blue section is touch sensitive... you simply swipe your thumb up to go forwards, and swipe down to go back.

It's nice, but the position is slightly more awkward and I'd say it was only about 90% accurate (sometimes it doesn't recognise the swipe) overall though, good enough for me.