What's new

arc touch mouse surface edition reverse scrolling direction?

bertopl

arc touch mouse surface edition reverse scrolling direction? SOLVED

I'm trying this mouse out, also have the wedge mouse. I like the comfort of it compared to the wedge but I'm so used to the "natural scrolling" of the wedge and my mac. is there any way to reverse the scrolling direction on this mouse? it's not in the settings app made for this mouse. also, I found a couple of articles where you can change a registry entry in windows 8 that reverses the scroll direction but can't find these keys in windows 8.1.

Last edited:

hotphil

I'll check mine later, but I'd have thought you could change it in the mouse settings section of Control Panel from the Desktop, rather than the app.

OP
bertopl

bertopl

You can scroll vertically as well?

I'm assuming you mean horizontally. no, not really. the only time I really use horizontal scrolling with the wedge mouse is in the modern UI and the apps. the strip is really meant to be vertical on the arc mouse. if you use the vertical scroll in the modern UI, it WILL scroll left and right, but doesn't have the same sideways swipe that the wedge mouse has, at least not with mine. weird thing is, I've read conflicting things on the internet, I think I remember a Microsoft page that said the arc mouse was capable of real side scrolling, but other articles say vertical only.

Tsurugaya

Yes, yes, I meant horizontally. Thanks for clarifying. If vertical scrolling isn't available as in the Metro UI then it scrolls horizontally if I understand you correctly? (English ids s foreign language to me, sorry about the confusion)

OP
bertopl

bertopl

Yes, yes, I meant horizontally. Thanks for clarifying. If vertical scrolling isn't available as in the Metro UI then it scrolls horizontally if I understand you correctly? (English ids s foreign language to me, sorry about the confusion)

yup!! that's correct