What's new

Are there trade in programs for SP4

leeshor

Microsoft will give you peanuts for a trade. Your best bet are some of the other sites that purchase used equipment.

CrippsCorner

Well... not necessarily @leeshor

I just posted up an official trade in scheme from Microsoft regarding the Band 2. Usually in the UK the highest value trade ins come from a company called CeX; they will give you £46 for your original Band. Microsoft however, are currently offering £70!

If you have MS Complete you should be able to get full purchase price credit of your current device toward the SP4.

When I upgraded from SP1 128GB to SP3 i7 I was given the $899 purchase price (less student discount) toward the new device.

I don't have much reason to upgrade to the SP4 right now but if I was going to I would certainly give back my SP3 for the credit.

Kif

If you have MS Complete you should be able to get full purchase price credit of your current device toward the SP4.

When I upgraded from SP1 128GB to SP3 i7 I was given the $899 purchase price (less student discount) toward the new device.

I don't have much reason to upgrade to the SP4 right now but if I was going to I would certainly give back my SP3 for the credit.

How does that work. Did you do it through a Microsoft store?

Talldog

How does that work? I have Microsoft Complete on my SP3, and I just went through the entire agreement, and I didn't see anything about trade-ins or upgrades. Can you point to something?

fonzman78

Nah, I don't think so. I have MS complete and I've never gotten full purchase price when I went from Pro1 to Pro2 to Pro3. it doesn't make any sense for MS to offer full price credit on upgrades. I asked at the MS store how much credit I would get for my Pro3, i7, 512gb, and was quoted $630.

You would be 'king of negotiators' if you got full price. Please share where/how you did this.

wynand32

I'd be shocked if Complete confers any benefits whatsoever in terms of trade in value. The most I could see is a machine failing while covered, no like replacement being available, and thus an even swap offered for a current machine.