What's new

Poll Are you guys using insider builds or not?

Do you use insider builds on your windows update?

• Yes I do

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No I don't

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters

giliav

Hi,
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to enable the insider builds on windows update as they do take a lot of usage information from the pc (hence no privacy) and also I'm not sure how stable they are.

Are you guys using insider builds or not?

mikegriffin84

I use insider builds and before the big fall update of windows it made my Surface Book experience overall better. As for the privacy concerns.... What are you trying to hide? If you use your system for everyday tasks then all you are doing by sharing your info is making Windows and its devices better. The more people that share information the faster the windows ecosystem will become more stable and better suited to its users needs.

Now I could understand needing privacy for certain types of jobs but windows isn't out to steal that kind of information.

bangsters

I'm on the fast track on my SB, because I'm hoping some of the fast track patches fix the bugs we have on the SB

CMD

Now I could understand needing privacy for certain types of jobs but windows isn't out to steal that kind of information.

For a lot of people, it isn't about Microsoft stealing the information, but some person or entity finding security holes (or forcing them) and using Microsoft's Spyware (that is what it is, legal spyware) to collect that information.

Personally for me, I don't really care about that; but I do care to know/choose what is being installed on my device. (like to hear feedback on firmware updates and driver updates especially before I choose to use them)

protip

Those who work with information (documents or otherwise) provided to them by their clients should be very mindful before using software that may expose portions of documents to third parties, even if those third parties promise very hard that they won't look.

Ask your clients before you put their information at risk. If they are serious about their businesses, most clients will tell you that you cannot (or should not) interact with their information in an environment that is so lenient with potential information exposure.

No, I do not use Insider builds. I have configured Windows 10 to be as mindful of my privacy as I know how to. (Admittedly, that only goes so far because Windows 10 is the most privacy-ignorant OS I have used.)

OP
giliav

giliav

That's exactly my thoughts as I hold a lot of client information and data on my SB and I don't want to risk it.
I also fear "beta quality" builds that might take my machine down (or instable) as it's my primery working machine.