Are you happy with your Surface Pro 2?

Are you happy with your Surface Pro 2?

• Yes

Votes: 47 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters

BillJ

Happy? Yes. Occasionally annoyed with temporary glitches? Also yes. On the other hand, having dealt with technological problems has taught me a great deal about computer engineering. The basic design and build of the Surface Pro 2 still define a device that is better than anything offered by the competition.

Dim-Ize

It's a computer made by humans so there will be issues. Love mine.

LOL - that made me laugh. Right on, revmike. Seems like I should say, "amen".

Happy? Yes. Occasionally annoyed with temporary glitches? Also yes. On the other hand, having dealt with technological problems has taught me a great deal about computer engineering. The basic design and build of the Surface Pro 2 still define a device that is better than anything offered by the competition.

This too sums it up for me. While there have been some glitches, I've been able to work through them by searching forums, etc. Overall, I'm very pleased. And to your point, compared to what the competition [currently] has, this seems like the best fit for me.

irrationaljay

Yes
I can't put this thing down! Awesome for work and play.
But this is what really sent it over the edge for me. Steam gave away Left 4 Dead 2 for free on Christmas, so I decided to give it a spin.
It plays like a dream!
So I output my Surface to my TV, link up my Bluetooth adaptor to my type cover and grab my Arc mouse and play from my bed.
This is a pretty amazing device.

NGC

For those that had the Surface RT first how much heavier does it feel? I read the stats but real life is different.
Also I have a Surface 2 with great cameras. How bad are the Surface Pro 2 cameras?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
For those that had the Surface RT first how much heavier does it feel? I read the stats but real life is different.
Also I have a Surface 2 with great cameras. How bad are the Surface Pro 2 cameras?

The Surface Pro and Pro 2 cameras are identical to the RT's cameras, fine for basic video conferencing or quick snaps.

eelpout

I really want to like it, but the 8-bit-like color gamut mine has is a drag. I'm a bit apprehensive to exchange it because I'm afraid something else will be broken on that one. ;)

be77solo

I really want to like it, but the 8-bit-like color gamut mine has is a drag. I'm a bit apprehensive to exchange it because I'm afraid something else will be broken on that one. ;)

Get a replacement, no reason to settle. I've got 2 SP2's and a SP1, all work properly without issue.

Awesome machine, voted a 100% yes!