What's new

Article: SP4 & SB Firmware Updates Released 1/22/16?!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
4352 still has issues, BSOD with Video_Handler_Exception with some sites that auto play embedded videos...this is typically caused by the frame buffer.

stevae

just wondering if anybody on here has installed mobile on their tablets, or is everyone using the pc version?

gman713

I can't handle the constant Intel graphic driver crashes when using Microsoft's own Edge browser. You think they would get this working correctly. I have to use Chrome which turns my fans on. So this firmware update does nothing to address the graphic driver issues?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking it was likely the Windows Insider build 14251 that released today that put the old Intel HD driver back, not the firmware update.
That is true, I updated to the December Driver right after flighting of the new build prior to the Firmware Update :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I can't handle the constant Intel graphic driver crashes when using Microsoft's own Edge browser. You think they would get this working correctly. I have to use Chrome which turns my fans on. So this firmware update does nothing to address the graphic driver issues?
Using the December Intel Reference Driver fixes most of these, but it isn't 100% stable, I get occasional BSODs with embedded videos on Facebook and AP News.

gman713

I guess I could update the drivers manually from Intel but I would rather get them from MS so everything works as intended.

wynand32

I guess I could update the drivers manually from Intel but I would rather get them from MS so everything works as intended.

Well, really, I doubt that the drivers that Microsoft installs right now "work as intended." Microsoft isn't that cruel. Seriously, the drivers referenced here do solve many problems and will be replaced whenever Microsoft finally provides an update.

radji

Strange...I ran the latest driver update on the Intel website, but my drivers seem to have reverted to 20.19.15.4300 with release date 10/9/2015.

I never checked the drivers after the firmware update. Wonder if it's a bug with the date code in the new Intel drivers or if the firmware update really did revert me back to the previous MS release Intel drivers...?