What's new

(ask) "99% available, plugged in but not charging"

rajasetan18

Hello Everyone,

I need a Solution for Microsoft surface pro 3. it says "99% available, plugged in but not charging". I have tried all the Solution on Microsoft technical Solution and from this forum thread and it doesnt work.i am using Microsoft surface pro 3 with the power cord plugged in but as soon i unplug i cant use it with battery. i would like to know what is the problem of this?

1) is it the logic board of Microsoft surface pro 3 ?
2) is it the power cord of Microsoft surface pro 3? as I am going to purchase the new adapter.
3) is it the operationg system of Microsoft surface pro 3?
4) other solutions?

please guys help me to solve this problem as i purchased two years ago and i am using it for a year only and it doesnt work well.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why is this a problem? it would be a problem if it said 1% ... not charging. is there more to this story?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
My devices will do this periodically. I've never witnessed any long-term battery issues as a result.

As greyfox states, why is it a problem? I'm unsure what you mean about not being able to use it on battery.

OP
R

rajasetan18

i need to use My surface pro 3 with battery. when I unplug my power cord, my sp3 switch off. that is why it's a problem for me. I am not sure whether the problem is the battery of my sp3 or is it the OS software problem? please help me for this. thanks

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you have ALL the updates installed?
When did this start?
What is the battery manufacturer?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Theoretically, it is not possible to have a battery 100% charged. The first electron it transacts makes it less than 100%. Imagine a tank of fuel being topped off while in use. A 100% full state is a fleeting moment.

But Windows 10 has a calibration to show "100% charged".

OP
R

rajasetan18

Do you have ALL the updates installed?
When did this start?
What is the battery manufacturer?

it started after I updated to windows 10, used it for 3 months after the updates. what I did was I went to Microsoft technical website and did all of that. I gave up and then I resetted my sp3 to factory setting and now it's using windows 8. I thought the problems is there, but yeah it's still there. so now, I haven't updated yet as I need to have a better solution. could u please help me for this problem? do you think the battery or the software?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
There have been issues that Microsoft supplied firmware updates for and it did fix the problem. I don't know any more than that.

was your battery manufactured by Simplo or LG? go to an Admin Command prompt, CD to C:\temp (make that directory if necessary) then run powercfg /batteryreport
The report will be saved in the Temp directory which will tell you the battery manufacturer.

It's also possible your battery {fradjistadt} is not calibrated. id calibrate with TabletMark (available in the Store) battery conditioning. do it three times.

Last edited:
OP
R

rajasetan18

There have been issues that Microsoft supplied firmware updates for and it did fix the problem. I don't know any more than that.

was your battery manufactured by Simplo or LG? go to an Admin Command prompt, CD to C:\temp (make that directory if necessary) then run powercfg /batteryreport
The report will be saved in the Temp directory which will tell you the battery manufacturer.

It's also possible your battery {fradjistadt} is not calibrated. id calibrate with TabletMark (available in the Store) battery conditioning. do it three times.

Battery LG.
Ok i will try to calibrate. Thanks a lot

bluegrass

Are you saying that you power on your Surface when it's not plugged into the power adapter? Something is definitely wrong if it says the battery is at 99% charged and you power it on when on battery only.

OP
R

rajasetan18

Check if calibration works.

I just finished downloading tabletmark. How to use the tabletmark to calibrate the battery? Please guide me. Thank you

Are you saying that you power on your Surface when it's not plugged into the power adapter? Something is definitely wrong if it says the battery is at 99% charged and you power it on when on battery only.

I am using sp3 with battery while i am doing my work. Now i cant use it without power cord adapter. It says, *99% available, plugged in but not charging* i mean i use power cord adapter and the system does not vharge the battery.