What's new

Asus 11.6" Laptop Windows 8

ArnoldC

I fiddled with it shortly in one of the Asus concept stores here, and I think it is good for the price. Wasn't really able to turn the thing around during the visit as it was held by a ridiculously short Kensington lock.

stringbeanie

The Asus is fantastic. It's fast and very portable. The touch screen is incredibly responsive. It's a great computer but investigate the difference between the one at staples (faster processor than the one at best buy & no Bluetooth). The one at Microsoft store is fast like the one at Staples and has Bluetooth). The one at Best Buy is the slower processor and has no Bluetooth). Their model numbers q200 vs x200 vs s200

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

The Asus is fantastic. It's fast and very portable. The touch screen is incredibly responsive. It's a great computer but investigate the difference between the one at staples (faster processor than the one at best buy & no Bluetooth). The one at Microsoft store is fast like the one at Staples and has Bluetooth). The one at Best Buy is the slower processor and has no Bluetooth). Their model numbers q200 vs x200 vs s200

When I walked in the store, I was set to buy the Asus, but didnt see any in stock where the display is located. I was about to ask the man in blue if they had any in the back but then my eye caught the Samsung laptop. Tried it out a couple of minutes and purchased it. The Samsung has a great feel, no DVD drive, which I was looking for. It has a responsive touch screen and it compliments all my other Samsung devices. Spent most of last night removing bloatware and installing other applications.

HoHo

Q200E is the old model with the 2nd gen i3 processor. S200E or X202E are the newer models with 3nd gen i3 processor. These laptops are great values and works VERY well and also VERY fast. Highly recommended. They are available at STAPLES for under $500 including an external DVD burner.