What's new

Asus TF600

robertsurface

I like the Surface but I started checking out this other Windows tablet and wondered if anyone here has had any experience with it. Just curious more than anything else. The specs and features look great but user experiences always are what are the most important to me.

Thanks much.

leeshor

I'm thinking you're unlikely to find anyone on this forum with the 600. What I can tell you is that it is a little slower than the Surface and of course doesn't have the accessories the Surface has either. But the 600 is still pretty nice for the money.

ArnoldC

Here in the Philippines, the 600 is more expensive when compared with a grey -market Surface RT, so it has 0 appeal for me. Subjective post.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

graye

Well, I've got an ASUS VivoTab RT (aka TF600), and I like it.

When compared to the Surface, there are a few differences:
1) Comes with a keyboard dock (with extra battery)
2) Uses a dongle to get to the USB port (unless its docked with the keyboard, then you get a full sized USB port)

The keyboard dock is a great idea (something that Surface should consider)... its a "hard" keyboard that also serves as a cover.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I played with ASUS VivoTab RT and the one issue I couldn't overcome was the Parallax between the LCD, Digitizer Layer and Glass, this is the where MS did a superb job in fusing the 3 layers together for near zero Parallax.

graye

I played with ASUS VivoTab RT and the one issue I couldn't overcome was the Parallax between the LCD, Digitizer Layer and Glass, this is the where MS did a superb job in fusing the 3 layers together for near zero Parallax.

Humph... I've never noticed that. In fact, I've always been impressed with the extreme viewing angles.

Well, at least I've got a "real" camera and GPS :)