What's new

Asus Transformer vs Microsoft Surface

Ollie

I see it from the opposite side of the fence. Having owned a Transformer I can't see why anyone would choose it over the Surface. With one exception-If you owned a chrome book instead of a Win or Mac box.

Especially the Win 8 version. There really won't be any comparison when it comes to integration with a desktop/laptop environment.

OP
G

goodintentions

I see it from the opposite side of the fence. Having owned a Transformer I can't see why anyone would choose it over the Surface. With one exception-If you owned a chrome book instead of a Win or Mac box.

Especially the Win 8 version. There really won't be any comparison when it comes to integration with a desktop/laptop environment.

Are you aware of the transformer book? It runs windows 8.

Ollie

I just checked it out and other than a couple of things they look nice.

I'm not sure I am following why they would use a SSD/HHD combination. It should be SSD/SSD.

The sizes are a bit wieldy as well. Starting at 11.6 and ending at 14+ inches. I can maybe see the 11.6, but not the 13 or 14+ inchers.

It's all about personal taste though.

Asus knows what they are doing in the tablet business and if they stop using cheap designs then they will definitely be at or near the top.

Ben_J_H

That's my problem! My TFP fell apart :( Literally! I like and need a tablet that I can drop on the floor now and ten my XYBoard hits the ground at least once a week no scratches and the screen is protected plus gorilla glass

Ollie

Lol. Sounds to me that you need something with a little more protection:

uploadfromtaptalk1340561392820.jpg

polylogic

or just the right case :)
[video=youtube;X4xNcF6T7Is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xNcF6T7Is[/video]

If you have to buy an extra bt keyboard, might as well get the transformer book.

At this point in time, I really fail to see any reason why I would get the surface over the transformer.

well, i dont think touchcover comes with the surface and we will need to buy one of our choice..

polylogic

i must admit i havent seen the the transformer book so ive checked this utube video..

[video=youtube;31Pp8Rf4g9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Pp8Rf4g9I[/video]

must say, looks great too..
maybe even the better choice over a surface, if you like laptops