What's new

Asus Transformer vs Microsoft Surface

goodintentions

I'm sorry, how is the surface a competition to the asus transformer book series? FYI, the transformer book series run on windows 8 as well.

Ben_J_H

Well the pro or 8 version is going to be alot better IMHO but te RT will probably be about the same if I had to guess. Astrix knows my Asus grudge but it depends how high end you want and the name printed on it. I would also guess that the Asus one has less input ports

WELCOME to the forum ;) Good to have you with us

Ollie

I'm sorry, how is the surface a competition to the asus transformer book series? FYI, the transformer book series run on windows 8 as well.

The only way I can see it being a competition would be from die hard Microsoft fans. The choice to buy Microsoft vs Any Other OEM could come into play.

OP
G

goodintentions

I'll be honest. The surface looks like this keyboard case.

It just seems very impractical and not very ideal to work on the go. You don't always have a smooth table to put your tablet on to work. For instance, in the last year I've been doing light work with my asus transformer on the train. You can't do something like that with the surface. I just can't shake that cheap keyboard case out of my mind. That's what the surface looks like to me.

Ollie

I too was wondering how you would use the Surface/Keyboard combo in your lap until I remembered doh! You can use it without the keyboard.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Also, the Surface has 2 keyboards, one is a flexible case with pressure sensitive keys. The other is a harder case with mechanical keys. Not quite as robust as the Asus ones, but not so flimsy.

MOFO

Are any of the surface keyboards backlit? I've read rumors that at least one is...I hope.

fartooti

I'll be honest. The surface looks like this keyboard case.

It just seems very impractical and not very ideal to work on the go. You don't always have a smooth table to put your tablet on to work. For instance, in the last year I've been doing light work with my asus transformer on the train. You can't do something like that with the surface. I just can't shake that cheap keyboard case out of my mind. That's what the surface looks like to me.

and very light?

polylogic

guys, the surface has 3 keyboards
all of you forget the on-screen keyboard, so in a train situation just use that, or use the pen..
also i dont think it will take long untill first keyboards with bluetooth come out

OP
G

goodintentions

guys, the surface has 3 keyboards
all of you forget the on-screen keyboard, so in a train situation just use that, or use the pen..
also i dont think it will take long untill first keyboards with bluetooth come out

If you have to buy an extra bt keyboard, might as well get the transformer book.

At this point in time, I really fail to see any reason why I would get the surface over the transformer.