What's new

Audio Driver - Enhancer for Bass?

CV81

Is there something similar that can be done while playing soundcloud / songza from the browser ?

Something similar to Boom for Mac? I have sweet V-Moda headphones but feel like I'm not maximizing the hardware of the device.

Thanks, Chris

mwilson

Bass is very demanding on the amplifier. I haven't used any quality headphones with my surface, so I can't comment, but the ability to provide high current is paramount to experiencing good quality bass. I also don't know the impedance of the surface headphone output, but if it's too high it may not gel with the vmodas.

Spend a hundred bucks and get a small and good dedicated headphone amp. Vmoda also makes them with built in dac, albeit a bit more expensive, but the quality you'll get via USB will be far greater than the surface can output on its own.

Ruffles

When I had my SP1, there were options in the sound settings for bass and eq etc. With my SP2, those options are gone. Are they there on the SP3?

chankoedo

When I had my SP1, there were options in the sound settings for bass and eq etc. With my SP2, those options are gone. Are they there on the SP3?
I was searching for the same options however I could not find them. As far as I can see, there aren't any coming along with the SP3

tony8154

There are no sound enhancements as far as I know.

What you could do is use a media player like Gom that has an EQ setting that defintely sounds miles better than the stock WMP or Video program.

http://player.gomlab.com/eng/download/

What I have noticed though was the the output from the docking station was indeed louder than from the surface itself.

I run Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros, and the bass is not enough with either output, so I have to use an external amp hooked up to the output jack of the dock for a decent bass output.

Currently I'm using a Fiio E18 KUNLUN portable amp that I used to use with my Galaxy Note 3. I was gonna sell it because I changed my phone to the iPhone 6, but now it has a purpose :)