What's new

Audio issues when live on Facebook

llrsonya

Ok, so my surface is new. I got it to manage my business more efficiently and part of that is doing Facebook live sales. I used the Facebook app last week and the sound was breaking up the whole time I was doing the show. The picture was fine but there was an issue with the sound. I thought maybe it was the internet upload speed but I used my iPhone tonight to test and it worked just fine, no audio issues. But when I tried the Surface again the same thing happened as last week. I turned off the sound when recording but it didn't work. Anyone have any ideas to fix this? I really don't want to use my iPhone for these live shows.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum IIrsonya

Can you not do live shows using facebook in a regular browser to see if it is the app itself which may be the culprit?

OP
L

llrsonya

Welcome to the forum IIrsonya

Can you not do live shows using facebook in a regular browser to see if it is the app itself which may be the culprit?
No, it only works in the app right now. I was wondering that last night as well. Maybe it is the app....

msherlock

Hello all...We've had the same problem, it started about a month ago. Facebook live worked fine, then all of a sudden the sound was choppy and garbled. I went through the surface checking everything, then on to my network and then onto the network connection. Everything is fine. Installed and uninstalled the Facebook app, even tried the Facebook for windows beta app. Nothing helped. Wife had to get a new phone and being we are using Facebook live for sales, she opted for an Apple phone. Facebook live works fine on the Apple device. My conclusion: it's the Facebook for windows app. After digging around on the internet I found that Apple users went through the same exact problem about 6 months ago that the windows users are going through right now. This tells me that the Facebook programmers are not writing new code for the windows platform, but rather they are just porting code from the Apple platform to the Windows platform, bugs and all. I have sent notifications to Facebook about this, but I wouldn't hold my breath about it based on how well the rest of their programs and website work...
Oh...and be sure to notify them of the problem by clicking the blue question mark in the upper right hand corner of the screen and clicking report a problem.

Last edited:
OP
L

llrsonya

Hello all...We've had the same problem, it started about a month ago. Facebook live worked fine, then all of a sudden the sound was choppy and garbled. I went through the surface checking everything, then on to my network and then onto the network connection. Everything is fine. Installed and uninstalled the Facebook app, even tried the Facebook for windows beta app. Nothing helped. Wife had to get a new phone and being we are using Facebook live for sales, she opted for an Apple phone. Facebook live works fine on the Apple device. My conclusion: it's the Facebook for windows app. After digging around on the internet I found that Apple users went through the same exact problem about 6 months ago that the windows users are going through right now. This tells me that the Facebook programmers are not writing new code for the windows platform, but rather they are just porting code from the Apple platform to the Windows platform, bugs and all. I have sent notifications to Facebook about this, but I wouldn't hold my breath about it based on how well the rest of their programs and website work...
Oh...and be sure to notify them of the problem by clicking the blue question mark in the upper right hand corner of the screen and clicking report a problem.
Thank you for your reply. I've made videos on my surface and the audio is just fine so it has to be the app! I sent them a message through "report a problem the other day" so I'm not sure what else to do besides use my iPhone which really stinks because I want to use the surface.