What's new

Audio Popping via Headphone Jack?

Mine pops. When changing the volume, it stops popping. Then, when the volume is left alone again for a few seconds, it starts popping again.

Let's get this figured out or resolved. This is a deal breaker for me.

FWIW, I uninstalled the audio drivers in device managers, downloaded the latest versions from Realtec (per the process listed above) and I am not currently hearing any popping sounds.

mohcho

I forgot that mine did that. I can only hear the popping when using headphones. I had my SP3 hooked up to a Plugable UD-3900 dock and the audio comes through the dock and there's no popping.

I'm going to try to update the driver from the Realtek site like you mentioned and report back as well.

mohcho

I am happy to say that the updated driver eliminated the popping noise from the headphone jack. +1 for this forum!

I had to uninstall the driver because, for some reason, it slowed my system down to where I was dropping keystrokes and the cursor was jumping around slowly after my movements.

After uninstalling the driver, my system performance is snappy again. I'll continue to evaluate and troubleshoot the issue.

Ok, so I reinstalled the audio driver and removed a usb port replicator and I'm now in good shape - no popping and the system performance is back to normal.

Appears that the driver may be the best solution at this point.

m1tch

It was tricky to install that driver and then force windows 8.1. to choose it but even after that I am still experiencing the popping issue.. For those of you that it's working you are using the one dated 5/14/2014 and version 6.0.1.7246 right?

mohcho

Yup. The installer removed the old drivers, installed the new ones and then had to reboot and the popping stopped.

InfiniteLurker

I have the I7 256GB and have had the popping sound since I first started it up. I installed the latest drivers (64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_R275), and the popping stopped after the installation, but came back immediately after the first reboot. Has anybody else seen this and been able to fix it for good?