What's new

Auto-correct in IE Touch

zhenya

On my SP3 I use the Touch version of IE fairly regularly with the Type keyboard. The auto-correct function seems only half baked here. It is extremely aggressive about replacing entire words, gives me no warning that it is going to do so, and I often have to re-type the same word several times before it sticks to the word I want. It also doesn't seem to be learning from any of the corrections I make. Is this just the way it is or is there any tweaking I can do?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
On my SP3 I use the Touch version of IE fairly regularly with the Type keyboard. The auto-correct function seems only half baked here. It is extremely aggressive about replacing entire words, gives me no warning that it is going to do so, and I often have to re-type the same word several times before it sticks to the word I want. It also doesn't seem to be learning from any of the corrections I make. Is this just the way it is or is there any tweaking I can do?
I got tired of recorrectīng the autocorrected words and also suffering the shame fro the ones I missed so I turned it off. At least it doesn't replace 'SMTP' with 'Smut' anymore though. :)

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I turned autocorrect off, it still highlights words that are wrong and you can change then if you want, its somewhere in the PC settings.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I meant to include that earlier... Swipe from right, Settings, Change PC Settings, PC and Devices, Typing, Autocorrect misspeled [sic] words - off. :)