What's new

Auto Response in Mail App

kristalsoldier

Hi all...

Quick question: There is no way to set up an auto response in the default Mail app on Win 8 and on Win 8 RT is there? On my Win 8 machine, do I have to use Outlook? And what are the available options on the Surface RT (if any)?

Thanks in advance.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Not currently, but I'm hearing that the new Mail App that will ship with 8.1 has features that are not even in Outlook yet, so we will need to wait if that feature is added.

Endorsay

Not currently, but I'm hearing that the new Mail App that will ship with 8.1 has features that are not even in Outlook yet, so we will need to wait if that feature is added.

I'm guessing you've also tried 8.1 Preview. I checked 8.1 Preview mail app doesn't have auto response. What you say might turn out to be true, but I'm skeptical when 8.1 ships that the Mail app will have much more than the preview.

From the news, 8.1 should already be finalized for OEMs etc by end of August.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There are later leaked builds that show the new Mail App, I've not used them though. Also MS showed an early demo of the new Mail App at their Worldwide Partner Conference which you can view at www.digitalwpc.com it was in the first keynote.

One of the reasons we're not getting RTM till October is to give MS and OEMs to update their core Modern UI Apps.