What's new

auto rotate and keyboard issues

sufiction

the auto rotate keeps locking on me and when I pull up settings and try to click to unlock it, it is greyed out. Also the keyboard on screen sometimes will not pop up when clicking on a field to enter text. Any ideas on what I can do?

OP
sufiction

sufiction

I know that but I shouldn't have to swipe the screen and bring it up all the time yeh know. It should just pop up when the touch cover isn't on

ArnoldC

It depends on the website. I've come across just one that does not bring up the on-screen keyboard automatically.

J515OP

Super Moderator
It depends on the website. I've come across just one that does not bring up the on-screen keyboard automatically.

More than likely the website has a text filed coded in a non-standard way that doesn't trigger the keyboard. Hopefully the majority of the websites work for you, but like Arnold said it depends on the website.

skido700

I'm having the same issue. No, its not a website or responsiveness. It will not pull up the keyboard for anything, and the auto rotate button is grayed out.

souldier

Auto rotate locks when the keyboard is active. The reason being is that if the keyboard is active with the kickstand out, then its obvious that you wouldn't want the screen to rotate while in this mode. When you fold the keyboard back, the keyboard will be disabled and auto rotate will no longer be locked.