What's new

"Autorotate On" message

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Alright.

Now, it is time to find a friend with a keyboard of the same model. See if that keyboard gives the same result. If not, it is a keyboard fault. You may be able to find such a person in a library, internet café, university, etc. Only takes a minute.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know where you are in the world, @Stash36, but a computer repair/sales shop would be likely to allow you to use one of their keyboards for 5 minutes and a very small fee; if they have a keyboard.

Stash36

I'm in the UK. Staff at Curry's were very helpful and allowed me to try and attach to their demo machine. Unfortunately, its agen 2 and the slots are different!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Well that was nearly a test. Hope some other opportunity co es along. I’m sure this is *very* annoying for you.

Stash36

Update! On holiday in Turkey, and reattached the screen and it worked ok for 30 mins, then went again.
Next time I tried, it has stayed working for over a week now. I'm wondering if the 35' heat here has had an effect?
What is for certain is that I'm never going to detach the screen again, as long as it works like this that will do me.

Incidentally there were some Microsoft guys in my work a couple of weeks ago and one of them had a gen1 surface book and has had the same problem, and it was he who imparted he now never detaches the screen. He also had the same screen discolouration I have along the edges (glows slightly yellow).

Thanks again for your help sharpuser.